Chapter 7: The Delanys

Chapter 7:

The Delanys

I stepped out of the car with my blind fold on, I could hear the footsteps of the camera crew and my driver as he stepped towards me.

He removed my blindfold.

In front of me stood a three story house. The lawn was obviously being dismissed by the family and the poor roses crawling up the house walls were wilted.

"What do you think of the house?"

"The lawn is a bit under the weather but they might not enjoy gardening like I do, but I don't know what to make of the house itself just yet." I said with a small smile to the cameraman.

"Then let's go inside."

"Okay, I'm just going to get my luggage quickly."

"Do you want help carrying them? There are quite a few of them and none are particularly light." the driver said.

"Oh if you wouldn't mind too much? My daughters packed my bags so I shouldn't be surprised by the amount of bags. Although I don't know how heavy they packed, my sons carried my luggage to the porch." I explained feebly.

"I suppose they managed alright." We chuckled, he was probably thinking of Emmett, Seth and Jacob's muscular physiques.

"I dare say they did or I will replace all our suitcases with smaller ones so that none of them strain themselves." I replied kindly.

He grinned and we headed to the back of the limousine as the camera followed.

Once we opened the trunk and started to take out all five suitcases I wondered whether Alice has gotten worse in her fashion obsession.

"That's a lot bags." I heard the camera man mumble to himself whilst trying to look indifferent, even when his eyes grew round.

"Would you like some help with those?" Another camera man said to us.

"If you don't mind, we'll be quicker."

With that he picked up the closest two suitcases and started on his trek to the front doorsteps which are 26 meters away from the trunk.

"Oh dear, he grabbed the lightest ones, will you be alright with this one? It's the lightest one left." The driver asked me concerned.

"I'll be fine, worst case scenario I'll go find the nearest forklift to use." I joked.

He laughed and handed over the suitcase.

I smiled and walked to the steps and put it down next to the other two.