Chapter 10: Day one with the Cullens

Chapter 10:

Day one with the Cullens

Edward and I heard Keira's alarm going of at five thirty this morning. She took a shower and went down stairs once she'd finished getting dressed. I could smell the porridge she was cooking form our bedroom. I got up and got ready once I heard Renesmee and Jake getting up. As they meet up with me going down the staircase Edward slipped his hand into mine and placed a kiss on Renesmee's head. Just like every other morning.

"Good morning, Keira."

"Good morning kids."

"We're not kids." Renesmee hissed out, too low for Keira to hear. Causing Edward to shoot her a warning look which made her cheeks blush in shame.

Jake hugged her as Edward gave her a small smile telling her all was forgiven.

"I made some healthy porridge for you all so you better sit down and eat up."

"I'm not really hungry in the mornings." Edward excused himself and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the kitchen with him. Seth and Leah came barreling down the stairs, almost clashing into us had we not heard them approaching. It would have been difficult not to hear them as even a human would be able to hear the stampede they'd produced.

"Don't run in the house!" Keira yelled at the two.

"We're allowed to run and do whatever we want as long as it follows the rules." Leah retorts. I could hear her smirk from here.

"And Esme never yells at us." Rosalie added as she too entered the kitchen.

Presumably for the sole purpose of putting Keira in her place.

Come to think of it, Rose is probably the only one where the audience would accept such a reaction from as we've already mentioned she doesn't like strangers.

"Don't you talk to me like that." fumed Keira.

"I was only telling you that Esme never treats us like that. You're meant to be Esme for the first two weeks. I was only trying to help." 

Keira's heart accelerated in embarrassment or shame. Eventually she manages to say thank you to Rosalie and told her to take a seat and eat something.

"What lesson do you have again after Chemistry Rose?" Leah asked after swallowing her oatmeal presumably.

"I have Calculus after Biology with Jasper and Eleazar."

"Can you help me with something at lunch then?" Leah asked.

"Sure."

With that they all seemed to have finished their breakfast as they all left the kitchen and joined the rest of us.