Chapter 39

Lauren's Pov:

I am starring at the road and from time to time my eyes are focused on her, I always admired her beauty, her lovely eyes, little nose, red cheeks, everything about her was perfect since the beginning, but I never really took my time to appreciate it. So many things happened since we are together, but our love is stronger than anything else, sometimes it feels like we can move mountains to be with eachother. The fact that she is running away with me only tells me how much she loves me, how much she doesn't want us to break again.

I had no idea what my father did to her and to say that I am mad is an understatement, but not saying a word about it to him, not telling him that I know what he did seems like the best choice for us right now. If he knew that I know, he would probably try something stupid again. I know that my step father is safe with Y/N's family and that's all that really matters. Taylor and Chris are staying with mom and as long as my father doesn't have a clue that I know, they're all safe.

My head turns around so I can see the little sunshines on the back seats, they are both sleeping peacfully, Leo's hand is wrapped around Maddie's thumb and her head is pressed on his tiny shoulder. I smile at the sight before I turn back towards my lovely wife, she seems so tired and deep in thought, my hand automatically shots up towards her cheeks and she gives into my touch gently, her lips leave a lingering kiss on my hand. "Baby, should I drive now?" I ask her but my words don't seem to reach her ears, "baby," I try again, I hear her smirk and when I take a closer look I can see her crying. "Y/N? Baby? What's wrong?" I ask quietly. Her hand grabs mine and she intertwines our fingers immediately, kissing the back of my hand repeatedly.

"Nothing is wrong Lo, I'm fine, just a bit emotional," I look at her and I know that she is lying, I know her, she can't fool me. She is bitting her lips nervously, the tears are still slowly rolling down her beautiful face, "don't lie to me so you can make me feel better. I don't need that and I am sure as hell not going to feel better because I know you, I know it when you're lying to me." Her whole body shakes for a second like electricity ran through it. I squeeze her hand gently to let her know that I am here and that I am ready to listen if she is ready to talk.

"Everything is just so fucked up Laur, my own parents played me, our parents played us, they took me away from you and my son, my dad wanted me to stay away from Clare and I know it now that he's been looking out for me, but he could do it differently, I wanted to be in Maddie's and Leo's life." I nod to no one in particular, the hurt in my wifes voice hurts me more than the things they've done to us. But I'll try to be reasonable this time, I'll try not to be mad and hateful, I'll try to be a good human, "that's in the past now. It happened. We know it did, we know it more than anyone else, we felt the pain, but we are together now and that's all that really matters. We. Are. Your. Family. Now. And. No. One. Listen. To. Me. Baby. No. One. Can. Take. Us. Away. From. You. Now." A small half smile creeps on my lovers face and I can't help to smile too, we are finally together, living a perfect life, on the edge of something new, ready to jump and let the fall take us wherever it wants to take us.

"The city looks so calm Lo, we should find an apartment with the look on the Central Park." I hear her whisper as we reach the city, the streets are empty as we are driving around slowly, on my right there is a lovely coffee shop that's already open, I wonder why? Y/N seems to notice it too as she parks the car. Maddie wakes up and Leo follows her slowly, "momwyy," he screams as he looks at Y/N that's currently trying to get him out of the car. "Hey little guy, are you ready for adventure?"

"Yes momwyy, adventule," Maddie smiles at him as I grab her hand, the smile doesn't seem to fade away from my lips as I finally feel complete. "Cmon Lo," Maddie says quietly as she is pulling me behind Leo and Y/N, we enter the shop and to our surprise it's already full. A nice lady in her middle age walks towards us, "would you like a table or will you order for the road?"