Chapter 4

When we pulled up to Liv's house is when I realized this was a bad idea. Like a seriously bad idea. She probably knew my mom was coming home around this time, but Nalani didn't.

Jess said he was trying to convince Lani to come over for a bit. But her car is still here sadly. So it looks like things can either go somewhat alright or really wrong.

Ryot helped my mom walk to the porch. I couldn't decide if I wanted to just walk in or ring the doorbell. I'll just take the latter. And waiting there was unnerving.

Thankfully Liv answered the door. "What happened? It looks like you got into a fight."

"Nothing gets past you. But uh where is, Nalani?"

"On the phone in her room. Why?"

I shifted uneasily, stepping in. "Long story short my mother is barely staying conscious and she needs medical assistance."

She closed her eyes taking in a deep breath and nodded. Ryot helped mom in, following Liv to the basement. There, Liv carried a few medical equipment. She wasn't a professional, she just knew enough to keep a person stable and alive.

Mom laid on a little cot, grimacing in pain. Her cheek was cut, arms bruised, lip split and nose bleeding. Just an overall mess.

"Liv," Lani yelled from the top.

She cursed under her breath and I ran up to deal with her. Lani still had her phone in her hand, but she looked like she wasn't making an effort to leave.

"Ren, what are you doing here? What happened," she said placing a hand on my shoulders looking me up and down.

"Just a little fight, I'll be okay. I thought Jess said you were coming over."

"I was, but now you're here soo..."

I took her phone out of her hand holding it up to my ear. "Jess..."

"I tried," he said apologetically. "How about you just bring her over and then sneak out."

"Sure."

Oh Lani is really going to hate me. I reached up to hug her and ever so gently put her to sleep. I could explain to Liv later. Right now I have 20 minutes before she wakes up and it'll take ten minutes to get her in and out of the car.

After setting Lani in the car I drove back to Sanders' house. Jess was waiting on the porch. He shook his head at me, but got her out. I stayed in the car and drove back to Liv's.

I went back down to the basement to see, Ryot trying to calm my mom down.

"Princess, it's so nice of you to join us. You mind helping. She's been mumbling something this whole time."

I knelt next to her. "What's wrong with her? She was fine a few minutes ago."

"Yeah, but she spazzed out and ever so slightly fell and hit her head," Ryot said pointing at the side of his head.

"Sammy, was doing good. I tried to stop him," Mom mumbled moving back and forth.

Ryot looked up at me confused. "Who is Sammy," he mouthed.

Liv looked like she was waiting on my answer too. It was an obvious answer in my opinion. It was like asking me who Lani was.

I waved him off because I wanted to know more. "What do you mean you tried to stop him?"

She groaned holding onto her stomach. Liv felt on her head and quickly went to shake up another ice pack. Ryot threw a blanket on her and sat there trying to listen to what she was saying.