Chapter 15

After detention was over and the day finally ended. I was cursed and blessed to know that it was family visit day. That was a soft spot for the people in my house I guess you could say. Not too many had anyone to go to that were truly their own. Or anyone they really wanted to go to.

Efa, Liv, Iris's weird adoptive family, Cole's witness protection family and girlfriend, Aiden's dad, Cat's cousin, and Matt's grandpa all came. That left Jess and Ryot with no one for them.

Yesterday mom said she didn't know if she'll make it or not, but she was going to be sure at least Efa made it. I didn't tell her what happened, but I know she was worried about me either way. It's not usual for me to just up and call someone wondering how their day went.

"Ronnie," Efa said bringing my attention back to her. "I'm hungry."

"You've said that twenty times now. And each time I respond with what do you want to eat."

"Yeah, but I don't know what's close."

I huffed listing the places nearby once again. She once again said she doesn't like those places. And honestly I don't know what else to tell the kid. So I made the decision for her. We went to the schools cafeteria and waited for this long line to move faster. This is what Efa gets for being so indecisive, now she has to wait longer.

The line moves up one person almost every 5 minutes and we were the 13th in line. Efa gave up a long time ago and sat on the floor from where we originally were standing which was 3 people back. I told her to get up, but of course she doesn't listen to me.

"Oh look the girl is finally out from hiding," Asher said playfully walking up to me. I ignored him and kept my gaze straight. "Ouch the silent treatment. You know I've been told I can make the mute talk, so I don't think this will last forever."

I glanced back to make sure Efa was still in her spot and she wasn't. Panic went through me as I looked around for her tiny head. She was nowhere to be seen.

"Looking for someone?"

I turned back at him. I was getting really sick of him now. "Oh of course not I'm just looking for my new victims to kill or rob." I was about to storm off, but he pulled me back. "I'm giving you 2 seconds to get your hand off and your body away from me."

He let go reluctantly and I searched around for Efa. When I think about it now this was a really dumb idea. Why would we have our families here when their was a killer on the loose? That just seemed like a kid in a candy store. Except now there's a variety of people to choose from. And I hope Efa is in trouble or else she will be when I find her.

"Missing a little person," Lani said behind me holding onto Efa. "She ran up to me when she saw me. I was trying to take her back, but you left."

"Thanks," I said quietly, taking a hold of Efa's hand.

"You okay?"

"Yeah just a little tired that's all. Katia had me up all night."

She nodded and went on about her business. I'm pretty sure she already scolded Efa because now Efa won't look at me. So now we're back in this long line of people. Way behind now. Great and now I'm hungry too.

My phone started buzzing and I was so close to not answering but decided oh well. "Yeah mom?"

"Where's Ryot?"