Chapter 11

"Tell me again how you got a detention?"

I was walking Matt to detention and it's only been the first day. But I guess actual school isn't for him, seeing as how he told me he was almost expelled from his last one.

He huffed, pulling me to a stop. "Some wannabe Jock tripped me. It was an accident."

"How do you accidentally send someone to the nurse? You're lucky it's the nurse."

I continued to walk while he muttered,"No he's lucky it was the nurse."

He stopped abruptly, staring at me. I was confused, because it was only us walking down this hall, unless he was listening to or for something.

"Miss. Aeron, why are you going to detention?"

Because you decided to get detention.

We have to somewhat stay together and no one wanted a detention, but I was use to them. Surprisingly though Matt has more than me, but not by a lot.

I shrugged, still heading to detention. "They have a strict no swearing policy."

He laughed and caught up with me. Detention didn't seem like it would be so bad. There was only about 10 of us in there. A few you could tell that this was an everyday thing. Others looked like this was their first time but they were trying to be cool about it.

We took our seats in the back, waiting for the teacher to come in. Some kids turned to glance back at us. Was it obvious we were new? But I guess you eventually see everyone here.

"Hi," some guy said.

Matt looked over at me, tapping on my arm. Why me? I hate talking to new people. So I put my phone down looking at him. He had dark wavy hair in a sleaze kind of style and he had on obviously expensive clothes. But he had this bad boy kind of expression.

"Hi."

"You new here?" I nodded. "You got a name?"

"Yeah, but it's for me to know and you to find out."

He smirked looking over at Matt then back at me. "Cute. Well mine is Asher."

"I didn't ask for it."

Matt coughed trying to hide his laugh. To be honest I just wanted Asher to leave. I didn't want to make friends so soon. Because as soon as I do I'd only be using them, so I'm helping him out.

Asher nodded glancing behind him at the few people watching us. Maybe he was some big shot. One that I didn't want to know.

"Her name is Aeron," Matt said for me.

Asher looked at him gratefully. "And am I blessed to know the last name of this angel."

He snorted. Oh this is so dumb. And I'm pretty sure he says that to almost every girl he sees. He said it too casual for my taste.

"Shades." I elbowed Matt in his side, but he kept talking. "I had to steal her paper to find out her name in first hour. She's stubborn that way."

"Well it seems like she's taken a fancy towards you."

Matt shrugged, "We have the same schedule for today."