Chapter 9

Ivan POV

The love between mate and substitute really different. Just like a story, my parents told me when I'm young. I'm envied for those who found and living with their real mates. Why I'm difference? Did I do something to offend The Moon Goddess?

Gosh, people will laughter if they know the truth? And Kayla's heart will shatter into a thousand pieces. Why I deserve him? I shook my head to wipe off the rising hate.

I'm denying his every an existence. As a human, he can find anyone else to fill his life. His choice not limited as mine. We can't oppose the Moon Goddess arrangement. But, right now I'm really opposing Her. She makes the real mistake this time.

"Why you always in deep thought recently? The pack members also notice your strange behaviour." Dad munches a toasted bread as he eyed me.

"Nothing serious, dad, just a minor problem of mine." I offer a plain smile.

"Darling, our son must be nervous counting down his own big event," Mum interrupted us. I give a fake smile for both of them. I excused myself when hears a horn. I need to shop the thing for the ceremony

For one, yes the marry make me nervous but I had a bigger more problem to solve before that day. Cedric also revolt against me; make me hard to make love with Kayla.

I have to make it with a lot dates and vacation. The angst feeling I feel inside make me wanna to cancel the wedding. But, when I'm thinking back it just a common trouble I'm so afraid of losing someone precious that I refuse to love anyone else. I admitted I'm really in love with Kayla.

It's just I'm having a great irony right now, loving the right person at the wrong time and having the wrong person when the time is right. How I want to solve this puzzle because it's unlikely I can get both persons.

I'm torn in between Celric desire for his true mate and my life love. My wolf kind of being an ass since the day he met his long awaiting mate. A stupid whispering inside my mind tell me that I could find a real happiness if I choose him. Reality is far harsher than a stupid fantasy. People will always find the ways to mock the other whom having an unnatural lifestyle.

Me not in an exceptional too. The sceptical from fellow an alphas will make my pack suffer in the future too. Additionally, when you're related to a big homophobic pack like The Midnight Silent. The pack which always kicks out every single gay or lesbian mates or worst it separate them. They must look down on my pack and me.

"What's wrong babe?" You look distracted." Kayla caresses my left cheek gently.

"Mm Nothing, honey." I smile to her. She come closer and locks ours lips together. Cedric wants to push Kayla touch instantly which I barely to restrain it.

"Are you not happy with our wedding day? If you think it still early we can postpone it for another day or another year." I detect a slight disappointed in her voice. Even when she tried to cover it with her usual smile.

"Not, Honey, I'm thinking about rogues attack. Somehow, theirs attack more likely to search something. You need to be careful too. The wind about our wedding may reach their ears by now." I give her a half excuse but not entirely wrong.

The rogues also have been so weird; they must want to detect my mate desperately. It's common for rogues to target a future Luna to destroy a pack. Kayla is really in dangerous zone.

"How your preparation goes?" I ask her.

"My parents make all the arrangement. They just give us a privilege to choose our own wedding dress." She giggles beside me.