Chapter 19

Ivan POV

"Let have a lunch outside today." Kai is chirping while leaning on the doorframe, wearing a dark forest shirt and cargo pants.

"What? Sorry, but I need to go to back to my pack soon." I decline his invitation.

"Not cousin, we need to have dinner outside, Ralph also was excited to have a taste of this new family restaurant that very famous since the day it opens up." His eyes glow each time his mate name slip from his lips.

"Why not you just take your family there?" I argue with him.

"And you're my family too. Sadly, all my children will stay with Ralph's parents over this week." he said with a mocking tone.

"You need to understand, Kai, I have a pack to take care." I try to shake his invitation again.

"So was me too..." he counter back. I sigh in defeat when seeing his stern face.

"Where is your mate?" I said when he dips on the mattress.

"In office... heard a full report from his Betas." Kai sighed.

"Why not you co-joint both packs together." the curious get better than my rational brain.

"His pack so much larger and far from here, his normal pack member also had a strength as our third in command level. I don't want to make my pack member feel intimidated by their presence in one pack." Kai look at me.

"Holy shit, then his beta may as well at our level, right?" I gulp when he nodded.

"Yes, Ivan, and their hierarchy were running in the complete opposite than us. I mean they use a democratic way to decide the Betas, Third in Command and so on, only the Alpha line remains untouchable. I mean if you're born in Beta family it never guarantee your position in the future." Kai explains it.

"Duh. If we run in similar ways, I bet the person from the Beta line would revolt against us." Kai smile grimly, his eyes become unfocused as a sign he had a mind link with someone.

"Let's go." Kai gets up from his seat. I tag behind him. He knock the door until we heard Ralph voice.

"Hi Love, are you ready now?" He said with so much love much to my disdain heart.

"Oh sorry... I'm ready now." Ralph said in same gesture matching to Kai.

Kai drive his black Audi Q7, with Ralph sit beside him and I take a back seat. Honestly, it feels so weird to have a ride with a loving couple, it makes you so awkward to interfere their joke, chatting and laughing. They occasionally get into a mild joke, share each other pack's problem and invite me into their discussion.

Ralph laidback an attitude really influence a lot to Kai serious attitude. They are like two sides of coin whom completing each other and I like Kai now than the past Kai. We reach into the no man's land or in the other word natural land after two hours. My ass becomes numb.

Ralph excited to get out of the car, waiting impatiently for Kai to lock the car. Kai puts his arms around Ralph lean waist; they walk toward the restaurant main entrance ignores every judgement eyes. The women no matter what ages keep savouring both men figure without shame, men also no exception.

"God, can't you keep your affection out from public eyes?" I said in mocking.

"Are you jealous, lonely soul? Aw, don't worry next time be sure to bring your lovely wife together, baby cousin." Kai said in sissy voice

I just brush his comment aside, take a full stride into the said a famous homemade restaurant. The sign indicated the restaurant only run till 2 p.m. that weird considering today it's the weekend. We take a seat whereas Kai had booked under his name.