Bottles and Baseball Bats

I decided to go ahead and get up at 7. It was so hard to so to sleep. I went downstairs to make a fresh pot of coffee. Coffee is my poison. I added some vanilla creamer to my Hufflepuff mug, then poured in the hot coffee. The first sip always brightens me up. The liquid hit my lips and I smiled.

I grabbed a cream filled donut and made my way upstairs. I took a bite of the sugar filled treat and sipped my coffee. I set the cup and donut on my desk and opened my closet door. I pulled out a Harry Potter shirt that said 'I solemnly swear I am up to no good' and black jeggings. I slipped the maroon shirt on, followed by the pants. I did my usual hair and makeup and slipped on some Vans.

When I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, my phone buzzed. I was scrubbing my teeth while I picked up the phone. I opened the message.

See you at the park later sweetie.

I looked at the time. 8:30. I finished brushing my pearly whites and grabbed my back pack. It was a small black one. I usually carry that around instead of a purse. I put in my wallet, phone, and brush. I looked over at my dresser. I saw a black pocket knife that my dad gave me for my birthday two years ago.

I walked over and picked it up. After examining it for a while, I threw it in my bag. I snatched my back pack and went downstairs to see my mom sitting at the kitchen table. She had 'People Magazine' in one hand, and coffee in the other.

I took a deep breath. "Hey ma."

She jumped a little. She turned to me. She looked god awful. Yesterday's makeup was smeared on her face. The bags under her eyes were a dark purple.

"Hey sweetheart." She grumbled.

I sat at the table. "Are you doing okay?"

"Yes love, I'm doing fine. I am just very tired and didn't get around to taking my makeup off."

Her breath hit my nose. It wreaked of alcohol.

I coughed a bit. "Mom were you drinking last night?"

She shook her head. "No no no no. I had a glass of wine but that's it."

I gave her the death stare. I pushed the chair back and went to the garbage can.

"What are you doing?" She questioned.

I opened the lid and saw some wine bottles on top. I dug them out and set them on the table. There were two bottles of white wine, one bottle of red, three beers and a box of cigarettes. All empty.

"Just a glass, huh?"

I could see the guilt in here eyes. She put her head in her hand.

I just stared at her. She's never really been the drinking type of person. The only time she would drink was at weddings and a date night out. But this? This was too much.

"Mom, why did you drink all of this? Why did you smoke a pack? You've never done anything like this before. I just don't see why y-"

"SHUT UP!" She yelled. Her face was red. I thought she was going to drown in those tears.

"Mom ar-"

"Cathy just get out of my face. I don't need a worthless child telling me what I did wrong. If I drink, I drink. I am adult so I can do whatever the hell I want. Now go to wherever you need to go."

Worthless? I frowned. I stomped up to my room and grabbed some extra money, two t-shirts, and two pairs of pants. I grabbed all of my necessities and stuffed it all in a bigger backpack. I ran downstairs and out the door. I started walking toward the neighborhood park, where Blake would be waiting.

I put my bag on the ground next to me and sat on a swing. I haven't been on a swing since I was like, 6. I looked to see if people were around. No one here. I shrugged and started to swing. Back and forth back and forth. I would get higher by the minute. I started to giggle and laugh, let all of my problems slip away.

Then I felt someone push me to go higher. Once I felt that hand, I jumped off of the swing. I landed and fell to my knees. I stood up and brushed the dirt from my hands and pants.

"I was swinging just fine, thank you." I snapped.

I turned around to see Blake picking up my backpack. I ran towards him and snatched it away.

"Don't touch my stuff you jerk."

He chuckled. "Why am I getting all this hate when we kissed last night?"

I did an irritated sigh. "You kissed me. I didn't want to kiss you."

"You thought it was great."

"No, I didn't."

He looked into my eyes. He grabbed my hand and started to massage it.

I looked at my hand. "Stop that."

He chuckled. "Stop what?"

"Dude, I understand you think you like me but we met online. That's a bit creepy, don't you think?"

"Why is it creepy? There's 'Match.com' and people get married after a couple of dates. We met over a chat site."

I pulled my hand back. "I need to get home. Nice meeting you."

I grabbed my bag and started to walk away.

"Why don't I give you a ride home?" I heard him ask.

I turned to him. "Will that make you leave me alone? And never talk to me again?"

He nodded. "It'll be hard but, I guess."

I went to his truck and hopped in the passenger side.

"No, sit in the back." He demanded.

I arched my brows. I hopped out and opened the back door. The windows were covered by black garbage bags. I saw a baseball bat and mesh bag on the seat. Handcuffs were laying on the floor.

"Oh my god! You freaking creeper!" I shouted.

I started to back away. I pulled out my knife and pointed it toward him. I started to run.

I could hear him running behind me.

"HELP!"

I started to scream the words repeatedly. I felt like I was the stupid, helpless girl in a horror film. I ran right into a fence and fell down. I got back up and turned around. Blake was right there. He pinned me up against the wood.

"You are so stupid!" He chuckled.

He grabbed a bottle of some sort and smiled.

"Nighty night." He whispered.

He sprayed the substance all over me until I blacked out.