You Just Wait

My eyes fluttered open when something shook me awake. I sat up quickly and rubbed my eyes. I saw dark. Nothing was around me. All I felt was a type of fabric as I rubbed my hand across the seat. I patted the area around me. As I went to pat to the side, I felt air. I swung my feet around and put my feet on the ground where the open air was. I was in a truck.

I tried to remember what happened yesterday, but, I couldn't. I patted the area to find a window. I felt type of plastic over it. I gripped it and pulled it off. I heard the tape rip off of the window. The light poured in all at once and blinded me. Once the light died down, I could make out that I was on the highway.

Trees and cars passed by. I'm sitting here in a truck, helpless. I look around to see a divider between the front and back of the car. I suddenly got the idea to pound on it.

"Hey! Who's driving this?! Let me out of here!"

I heard a click and a window on the divider opened up. All I could see was the back of the person's head.

"Hey I know you're not deaf. Answer me!" I yelled.

He still wouldn't answer me. I reached toward his head and tugged his hair. When I tried to pull away, he grabbed my wrist and twisted it. My eyes widened as pain shot through my arm.

"I suggest you don't do anything like that." He warned.

He released my arm and I yanked it back.

Rubbing my arm, I asked, "Where are you taking me?"

His eyes were focused on the road. "To a casino."

"Why?"

He sighed. "I want to be with you forever, Cathy. I want to have a family together. I love you."

"How do you know my na-" Then it hits me. "Blake?"

"Took you long enough to figure it out."

I looked on the floor to see a baseball bat and cuffs. Then it hit me. The memories started to flood back. Everything I forgot, I now remembered.

My heart started to beat fast. "You kidnapped me! We were at the park! I was fixing to leave and you just scooped me up! How could you?"

He chuckled. "I didn't kidnap you. I'm just taking you on a little surprise road trip."

I got furious. I looked out the window. I had an idea. I looked around the door to see the button to roll down the window. I saw we were in a town now. We stopped at a red light and I saw a person with their window down right beside us. I clicked the button, and the window went down.

I quickly stuck my head out the window and started to scream bloody murder.

"HELP PLEASE HELP! I'VE BEEN KI-"

I felt a hand grasp my head and yank me back into the truck. Blake stepped on the gas and started to go around cars to get on the highway. To get away from witnesses.

"You just wait till we get to the casino!" He yelled.

I gulped. "Why?"

"You just wait."

The words started to chant over and over again. You just wait.

I laid my head back and tears started to pour down my face. I saw Blake turn onto an exit. I sat up about five minutes later to see a gigantic hotel.

IP Casino and Resort

This was it.

The casino.

You just wait.