Ŧ₩Ø

•|• Different Reality •|•

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
- Cheshire Cat

•|•

NALA HAD awoken from her forced sleep feeling groggy. After a good stretch she found herself feeling much better. She looked around the peeling white walls of her room--not from old age she just kept picking and scratching the paint off--remembering her earlier achievement with a smile. After all this time she'd done it again. What was it that made it work this time? The Asylum felt different to her and there was something in the air. Something New.

Strange psychotic laughter came through the vents. It sent chills down her spin. Not unpleasant though. It made her want to laugh with them too. She wonder were they were coming from. Her body perked up at the sound of jiggling keys, hopping off her bed at the sound of her door opening. A guard walked in with cuffs, roughly grabbed her arms and put them behind her back.

"Hope you're all rested up Nala."

"It's Cheshire." She rolled her eyes in annoyance at the guard and the itching tightness on her wrist.

They left her room and started to walk down the hall. Nala noticed that the room next to hers was now occupied and wonder who the newbie was. They passed by Dr. Wale. His face looked grim. She quickly scanned him with her eyes. Something purple was sticking out the top of his coat pocket. Leaning over she bumping into him and moved her cuff hands to grab the nail filer from his coat and slipped it up into the sleeve of her hoodie.

The guard yanked her back and apologized to the doctor before they continued on their way to where ever the hell he was taking her. Finally they stopped in front of a clean gray door. The guard undid her cuffs, opened the door and shoved her into a the room and locked the door behind her. Nala looked down at her hands and rubbed her wrist.

"Hello Nala."

She took noticed of the doctor sitting at the table in the middle of the room. Blonde, hair in a neat bun and a pair of black rimmed glasses rested on her nose. Each looked at the other, both assessing each other.

"It's Cheshire by the way." Nala said slowly walking over to take the seat on the other side of the table.

"Okay. Can I call you Chesh?" The teen nods her head. "My name is Dr. Harleen Quinzel."

"Harleen Quinzel." Nala tested her name on her tongue. She'd call her Quinn. She knew she'd seen her from somewhere. Then it finally clicked.