EŁEVE₦

•|• Still Care? •|•

I started a joke. Which started the whole world crying. But I didn't see that the joke was on me.
I Started A Joke | Becky Hanson

•|•

IT WAS time. When the happiness Nala felt while in the presence of her friend was no longer there. The whole ride out to go to the destination where Griggs had informed them about a military bird that was set to go rescue Harley and her team and bring them back to prison. It was easily theirs for the taking. Nala stood at the side lines, staying by the steps of the H landing pad. Johnny and the Joker took care of the shooting. He seemed so manically happy all dressed up in his tux. The professor was dragged up by his collar into the bird with a control panel in his hand.

The Joker called for everyone to board up and get ready to head to Midport city. To go get Harely, and for Nala to go back to being second best. She already knew how this was going to end since the second she agreed to help him, a favor that was long past over.

So why wait it out?

"Actually, I'm gonna head out." Nala says. Both Frost and Joker turned to her with confused look.

"What?" Johnny asked while his boss jumped out of the bird and started laughing.

"Aha, funny..."

Joker cackled thinking this was all a joke. Though his chauffeur seemed to understand that Cheshire was indeed serious. Nala turned and started to walk away. She didn't even get off the last step before someone grabbed her leather clad arm and yanked her her two steps back. She turned to the Joker with an irritated look while he snarls at her.

"Let go." Nala demanded.

"You aren't going anywhere." Joker growls. Her eyes flashed blue as she glared fiercely at him.

"You've got the wrong one Joker."

"Bosses--"

"Zip it Johnny!" Nala yelled.

He shut his mouth and went back to minding his business and firing up the helicopter. Joker pulled her forward but Nala pulled back. This continued on like tug of war and both sides were getting even more frustrated with the other.

"Cheshire you're coming with me and then we're all going home!"

"The hell I am! I am going home, back to my home right now. Back to my empire. I'm not staying just to watch you throw me away again!"