Ŧ₩EŁVE

•|• It's Electric! •|•

You'll never meet a strong person with an easy past.
-Unknown

•|•

NALA STARED up at the blue ceiling. Her vision was suddenly blocked by black, white and gray fur. The two cats sniffed over her face until she hissed at them and they jumped off the couch and went back to exploring the apartment. She picked underneath her nails then played with the hem of her pajama shorts. One of her henchmen had gotten word that Joker had indeed made it back to Gotham alive. But was out somewhere hidden. He left her sign--a giant blood red rose painted on the face of a burning hospital.

Nala knew that everyone thought the clown king had died in midway city, and she wondered when he'd want to make his big appearance, and if he would make a plan of getting Harley out of Belle Reve or not. But Cheshire was ready, and Joker would provide a good distraction for the guards while she went sneaked out Croc.

"Keeping the place warm for me?"

Her head perks up from the couch and looking over she saw Lincoln, clad in black cargo pants and a blue long sleeve with a duffle in his hand, a smile spread across his face. Nala grinned as she hopped over the couch. He was quick to drop the bag and catch her as she jumped into his arms. Wrapping herself around him in a tight embrace.

"Sparky! You've returned to me in one piece! Still could've been good with you having a missing limb, though." Nala says with slight disappointment.

His chest rumbled as he laughed placing a kiss on top of her curly head. There was movement against his legs and looking down he saw the kitten Nala had brought from midway city, rubbing up against him.

"Who's this?" Lincoln asked.

Nala looked down, beaming. She jumped down from his arms and picked the small feline up from the floor and held kitty in front of his face.

"I got you a feline companion!"

Lincoln raised an eyebrow. She brought the kitten close and cuddles the ball of fur to her chest.

"I got us a feline companion?" His expression still stayed the same. Cheshire Jr. came running out from under a table. She let the kitten in her arms go and the two went off into another room, "They we're having a play date." Nala says.

"I see. Thanks, but I already have a feline companion." Lincoln said. Her grin fell and dark shadow swept over her face, green eyes narrowed.