Red Roses

"You have our number, lock the doors,  no parties, Don't answer the phone, be asleep by midnight..." her mother recites the familiar words.

Sarah smiles,"It's ok mom, go have a good date night!" Her mother looks at her again,"I know, It's just, You re only 13 and I dont want anything to happen to you and-"She is cut off by Sarah's father. "Lets go Janet."

She gives her one last hug, and goes to the car. Sarah waves to them as they pull out. She turns on her heel, and walks back into her house, locking the front door.

She turns the TV to a movie on HBO, and goes to the kitchen to microwave some popcorn. The popcorn cooks quickly, and Sarah pours it in a bowl, walking back to the living room.

As she settles in the recliner, the lights flicker, and every thing turns pitch black. She sighs, setting down her bowl and grabbing her phone.

She is about to dial her mother's number, when she gets a call. Sarah doesn't recognize it, but her mother might've called from a friends phone.

She slides the answer button, and holds it to her ear,"Hello?"

Heavy, labored breaths come from the phone, before a childlike voice sings,"Red Roses, Red Roses, I'm three houses from killing you!"

Sarah pulls the phone away, hanging up. She runs around her house locking the Windows, pulling the curtains and closing the shutters.

She grabs a blanket, wrapping herself tightly. Just a prank, just a prank. Her phone rings again, another unknown number, she hesitates before answering.

"H- hello?"

"Red Roses, Red Roses! I'm one house from killing you!" She hangs up again, starting to cry. Sarah runs upstairs, hiding under her bed, locking her bedroom door.

The call comes again, this time from her mother, so she answers it. "Red Roses, Red Roses, your mother is mine."

She sobs, and the calls come more frequently.

"Red Roses, Red roses, I am at your door!"

"Red Roses Red Roses, I am at your stairs."

"Red Roses, Red Roses, I'm in your bedroom!"

Sarah cries as she realizes realized she can here the persons breaths.

No need for a phone now,"Red roses, Red Roses, I'm looking right at you."

Her bed flies up, crashing into her wall. Sarah backs to a corner as she sees the dead girl, thirteen.

She holds a red knife in one hand, a red rose in the other.

"Red Roses, Red Roses, you re dead."

°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●

They walk in the room. All the policemen see is a girl, her arms folded as if she were in a coffin, a red rose in her hands.