Little Red Writhing Hood

Mother and Father had sent her with a basket of freshly baked goodies for Grandmother. She never came back.

Her only friend, Peter, went looking for her. Peter lit a candle, and put the matches in his pocket. He gathered a basket of food for the way, cheese, old bread, milk and strawberries. He grabbed his fathers fine fur coat, and set off into the night as his parents slept.

His old boots crunched on the gravel as he made his way to the path Red had gone on.  He hummed, "Oh Danny Boy!"

As Peter approached the stomped down path, he noticed the trees seemed different.  Like a dream,  almost. They looked blue, and waved in his eyes.

Still,  he trekked farther into the dark. "Red?" He yelled into the darkness.  His question was met with a gust of wind and a rustle of leaves.

Peter shivers,  deciding to stop in a nearby patch of grass. He sets down a cloth, big enough for him to sit on and place down the basket.

He takes out a small slice of bread, and spreads some cheese on it. His mother didn't cook very much, he was used to snacks like this.

Peter finished the slice, and opened the canister of milk. As he did, he heard a rustling in the bushes. He dismissed it as the wind, and took a big gulp of the warm milk.

After eating a strawberry, Peter packs up the miniature picnic and gets back on the beaten path.

Suddenly, a groan sounds from behind him. "R- Red? Is that you?" He stutters.
Another groan.

He pushes away vines near the noise. In front of him is the writhing undead body of Little Red Riding Hood