The clowns

This is based off of those clown murderers right now. Seriously though guys, keep one eye out. One of my friends saw one outside his window yesterday.

I drive through the old, empty cornfield. I'm visiting my parents for Christmas, surprising them. They live in the middle of no where, Evansville Indiana. Actually where my grandparents live.

My daughter, Leila, hums softly in the back, while reading a book. The radio is quiet, playing classic Christmas songs. I smile, glad to be so close to seeing my parents.

Suddenly, from the corner of my eye, I spot something red peeking through a cornstalk. I gulp, speeding up a little past it.

We make it to there house in record time. I grab my suitcase and bag, and Leila and I walk happily to the front door. I hear footsteps, and my mom swings the door open, surprised by our arrival.

"Oh Holly! You're here!" She says, absorbing us in her hug. She lets go quickly,"We best be getting inside, there's been some weird activity around here." She insists, pushing us inside and deadbolting the door.

I go into the living room, and greet my always hardworking father,"Hey papa!" I exclaim. His eyes brighten, and he jumps up to hug us. "Hi pap pap!" Leila says, kissing his cheek.

He smiles,"How are you my little sunshine!" He says. She giggles,"I'm good pap pap." He stands off, adjusting his t shirt and trousers,"Well, it's 10:30, and you guys no doubt had a long night, so why don't we head to bed?" He suggests.

Leila reluctantly agrees, and we go to the upstairs guest bedroom. It has two twin beds, and two dressers. A tv is perched on a table in the middle.

Leila puts her stuff on top of the dresser, and as soon as her head hits the pillow, she's out like a light. I smile, and pull her comforter on top.

Now me on the other hand, I couldn't sleep. My thoughts were clogged with possibilities of what the red thing in the corn was!

I toss and turn, but eventually decide to look around a bit.

I immediately regret that decision.  Through the second story window, a clown with a red wig is peeking through the curtains.