Chapter 17

Randal's POV

I felt so guilty that I scared Melody, I honestly don't know what I was thinking. I was focusing on the ground, and was waiting until they left so I could let my sisters punish me for scaring her so bad. I knew that they wanted to yell at me some more just not with Melody in the room. So after I apologized I waited to hear the door close. However what I didn't expect was for Melody to come up to me and lift my head up so I would meet her eyes. Then she kissed me. It was amazing. I was so happy that she had started the kiss and it shows that she was really starting to trust me and realize her feelings for me.

All of a sudden Melody was pulled back by Xavier. I felt my eyes turn a shade of black, but quickly pushed my wolf down. After all I didn't want to scare Melody and I didn't want to hurt my best friend who also happened to be her brother.

"Ok, that's enough, no PDA please!" Xavier said.

Then what he said next really surprised me.

"So Mel, what do you want for your birthday?" Xavier said. Melody just looked at him curiously. "You remember! Your birthday, the day you were born that we all celebrate, you turn 18 next week."

I was surprised she never told me that her birthday was next week. However I don't think I was as surprised as Mel. She looked completely shocked.

"We actually get to celebrate my birthday this year?" Mel asked.

"Of course!" I said, "Why wouldn't we?"

"Ever since I was 7 we haven't celebrated my birthday, honestly it was just another day; except for the past year or two, then the beatings would be worse on that day, and my father would be even more angry with me." Mel said with tears in her eyes.

I quickly pulled her into a hug. I hated seeing her upset, especially when her past seems to constantly be haunting her.

"Shh, it's ok Mel. You're ok, we are right here, and none of us will hurt you." I said.

She sniffed and looked up at me. "I know I'm sorry!" she said.

"No need to be sorry, it wasn't your fault." Xavier said.

Then Xavier took Melody to get some food. While I stayed behind to start planning her birthday party; I would make sure that she never had to go back to her terrible childhood again. So I got to work. All the while thinking about the beautiful angel called my mate.