Chapter 29

Randal's POV

I woke up to bright lights. However I don't even know what happened. There were people crowded around me and they were looking at me. I looked back at them curiously. Then a doctor said. "Get Melody, and let her know that he is awake."

My brow furrowed in confusion, then I asked "Who is Melody?"

The doctors gasped, "Oh no, he doesn't remember who Melody is, what if he doesn't remember anything else?" One of the doctor's said.

Then they proceeded to ask me questions, like my name and my age, about my family. However I couldn't answer any of their questions. I kept coming up blank and it was really frustrating. I couldn't remember anything. All of a sudden I heard a voice yelling.

"OH MY GOODNESS RANDAL!!!!" a girl shouted. I looked over, but I didn't recognize her at all. There was something weird going on though; because when she ran over and hugged me it felt right. I felt like I had a connection with her, and that there was a pull, although I don't remember ever seeing her before. I didn't even know her name.

"Um, I'm sorry, but who are you? And who is Randal?" I asked

She pulled back and looked at me funny, and then she said "very funny Randal, don't pull that with me."

However I just replied seriously "What are you talking about? Do I know you? Who is this Randal you keep talking about?"

She then said "You're serious. No, please, Randal, you are Randal, you have to remember me, I can't bear it if you don't, I'm your mate, I am yours and yours alone. Please Randal, I love you, and, and, and." Then she just burst out sobbing. "and you don't love me." She said in a broken way. "After all this time, after everything we have been through. It's all gone, because I had to be in a stupid coma and it made you lose control and you got angry and hurt, and It's all my fault!" She then just kept sobbing.

My heart ached for her, even though I didn't know her; I never wanted to see her upset. It broke my heart for some reason that she was crying like that, and I had caused that.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember you, but I do know that it wasn't your fault. You couldn't have stopped whatever happened." I said, but she just kept sobbing.

"Please calm down." I whispered.

It took a few minutes but then she finally calmed down. Then the doctor finally spoke and talked about my condition, and then she thanked the doctor. Then she said "Come on, let's go home."

I just nodded my head.

Then we got up and we went to wherever home is.

On the way, she started talking to me. When we got to the house, it was a mansion! "You live here??" I asked her.

"Yes," she replied, "and you live here too, you lived here before me, and then you saved me and let me live with you."

"I saved you? How? What happened?" I asked.

"It's a long story, can we talk about it later, it is kind of a touchy subject for me." She said.

I just nodded my head.

We got out of the car, and walked into the house. All of sudden a child ran around the corner and yelled "MEL MEL!!!!" he then jumped into the girl Melody's arms.

"Hey buddy, did you come up with a new nickname for me?" she asked him.

"Yes I did! Mel, are you feeling better now? Mommy said that you were very sick. Then she said I couldn't see you until you were better? Are you ok now?" the little boy asked.

"Oh Rollin yes, I am much better now; and I do believe that I made you a promise to play with you, and I never break my promises. Let's get Randal settled and then we can go play ok?" She said gently with a smile.

"OK!!!" the little boy who I guess his name was Rollin said. Then he looked over and reached out to me. "BUBBA, I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE HOME! I MISSED YOU WHEN YOU WENT TO LOOK AFTER MELODY!!!" he said.

I just took a step back.

Rollin then looked hurt and started crying. "What's wrong with Bubba? Does he not like me anymore?" he asked Melody.

"Oh no Rollin, he still likes you. He just got a boo-boo and now he is having trouble remembering things. He is forgetting things, but soon he will be back to his old self. Ok? Then you can go on like you guys used to. Does that sound ok? You just have to be gentle and wait until he feels better ok?" Melody said.

"Ok," he said and then he got out of Melody's hold, and walked up to me. "Hi, I'm Rollin, I'm this many" he held up 5 fingers. "and you're my brother, Randal. I call you Bubba though." He stuck out his hand to shake and I shook it. I gave him a small smile.

"Do you remember now? Are you all better?" Rollin asked.

"I'm sorry, buddy but I need a little bit more time, but if it is alright can I play with you and Melody when you guys play? It might help me remember." I said sadly.

"Ok" he said.

Melody gave me a smile, and my heart felt like it stopped for a second. Her smile was breathtaking.

Rollin then left, "thank you." Melody said.

"Now can you tell me how I saved you?" I asked.

She sighed and then nodded. So I sat down on the couch in the living room and waited for her to begin.