Chapter 3

Picture of Ella

Detention is now over and I am walking home. I can't stop thinking about how Jake defended me. It makes no sense.

Trying to be as quiet as possible I open the front door. But that didn't matter. He was standing right by the door when I walked in.

"Where the fuck have you been?" My dad asked through his teeth.

" I um... I-got detention" I said looking down at the floor.

"DETENTION" his voice was booming with anger.

He punched me repeatedly until I was on the floor. Then he continued kicking me. The last thing I remember was a kick to the stomach and pain flaring through my whole body then I blacked out.

I woke up on the floor in the entryway of my house. Pain shooting through my entire body. New cuts and bruises everywhere. Luckily my father wasn't home. So I didn't have to worry about running into him.

I practically crawled up the stairs to my bedroom to change. I laid down in bed and cried myself to sleep.

_____

I woke up at 5:30. Surprisingly no nightmares. Getting ready for school was not easy. My whole body ached from the beatings I took last night. I wish I wasn't too weak to fight back.

By the time I was ready for school I still had time for breakfast. My dad still isn't home so I can actually eat this time.

On my way to school I worked on walking without limping. It was nearly impossible, but I managed to walk with only a little limp. Although nothing I did would make the pain shooting through my body disappear.

I headed straight to my first class and sat down. After the bell rang we got straight to work. I could feel someone staring at me the whole time I was copying notes. I looked behind me and met his light brown eyes. Jakes light brown eyes.

The first few classes of the day went by slowly now it's finally lunch time. Jake wouldn't stop staring at me. We had most of the same classes and I couldn't help but feel self conscious whenever he's around.

After getting my lunch I went to sit down by my best friend Maddie. My only friend actually. Ella made everyone at this school hate me.

About 10 minutes into lunch the TV's in the cafeteria turned on and everyone quieted down. I didn't bother to look up until I heard loud sobs. My sobs. It was the video Ella took of me when I had a panic attack.

Everyone in the cafeteria was laughing and pointing at me. I got up and ran to the bathroom as fast as I could. Which wasn't very fast due to my beaten up body. I broke down in tears as soon as I opened the door. I pinched myself a few times hoping to wake up in my bed and this is all just a nightmare. It's not a nightmare. This is reality.

I was in the corner of the bathroom with my head in my hands when suddenly I heard someone say my name.

"Arianna?" It was Jake. "Are you ok?"

"No. no. I'm. not ok." I said between sobs.

Strong arms wrapped around me and pulled me up into their chest. I started trembling remembering that this is the bad boy. But I felt safe? After a few minutes I calmed down and Jake released me and looked me in the eyes. Oh My god his eyes are gorgeous.

Wait. What the hell is wrong with me this is Jake Prince.

He suddenly moved his hand from behind my back and as an instinct I shielded my head with my arms Waiting for the pain to shoot through my weak body. But it never did.

I slowly moved my arms away from my head to see Jake staring at me a soft look on his face, sadness in his eyes. I've never seen this side of him before. He always had an emotionless expression.

He slowly moved his hands to my shirt. I tried moving his hand but he's too strong. Tears filled my eyes again as he lifted my shirt and gasped when he say all my bruises and scars.