Chapter 7

Trigger warning

      I sighed shutting my locker and walking down the hallway to get to my last period. Just as I was turning the corner I ran into someone.

      Damnit what's up with me and running into people?

      I scrambled to my feet mumbling a 'sorry' and tried to walk past whoever it was.

      "Watch where you're going bitch" I didn't have to look to know who it was. Ella's annoying high pitched voice rang through my ears.

      "I said sorry" I mumbled again. This time when I tried to walk past her she shoved me hard against the lockers causing me to hit my head really hard. Pain shot through my weak body. My bones still aching from my abusive father.

      I looked up with blurry vision to see everyone in the hallway pointing and laughing. But only one person stood out to me.

      It was Jake. He stood there staring at me with his usual emotionless expression. Not even caring that I was in severe pain right now.

      I slowly got up as tears streamed down my face. I looked into Jake's eyes hoping to find something. He just looked away.

      I ran out of the school ignoring the pain shooting through every bone in my body. I ran to Jake's house grabbing my bag and stuffing all my belongings into it.

      I don't know what happened but that wasn't the Jake that saved me.

      I swung my bag over my shoulder and headed out the door. I went to the only other place I could. The place where I've been abused for years. I know it's stupid to go back there but I don't know If I can face Jake again. He's changed. I miss the Jake that cared.

      Besides I will be 18 in a few months and I will be able to move out.

       I don't know why it hurt so much when he just stood there staring at me as I lay on the ground in complete pain. Everyone else was laughing but that didn't hurt as much as Jake not caring did.

       As I walked home I cried my heart out. Not wanting to go back to the abuse. But for some reason I thought it would be easier to face my dad than emotionless Jake.

      I stood in front of my door, my heart beating rapidly against my chest and my hands shaking violently as I reached for the door knob. I slowly turned it and walked in to my house. All the memories flooded my brain.

      My heart ached for Jake to hold me in his strong protective arms. He promised he would never let Michael hurt me. Not only was I going to be hurt by my father, I was also hurt by the only person who cared. Cared. Past tense.

      I gasped at the sight in front of me. The living room was a compete mess and several holes where punched into the walls, Beer bottles were scattered everywhere.

      I heard those same heavy footsteps that still haunt me. Well there's no going back now. God I'm such an idiot.

      "Where the hell have you been?" He roared.

      I didn't even bother saying anything. No matter what I say he will still hit me.

      I stood there taking all the blows, not trying to protect myself in any way. I deserve this.

-----------

      I woke up to my phone vibrating in my pocket. I slowly sat up yelping as the pain shot through my body. Wiping the blood off my swollen lip I pulled out my phone. A bunch of messages lit up the screen. I unlocked my phone to check them.

      The first few were from Maddie.

      Where did you go?

      Are you okay?

      Please call me.

      I quickly typed a text and sent it so she wouldn't worry.

       I'm fine I just needed to get out of there.

      The next ones were from Jake.

       Where are you?

       Why is all of your stuff gone?

       Where the fuck did you go?

       Arianna please answer me.

       Please come back.

      I'm sorry.

      Tears began to roll down my cheeks as I read his messages. I shouldn't have come back here. I'm so stupid.

      My phone began ringing and I looked down as Jake's name flashed across the screen. I declined his call and limped my way to the bathroom to take a shower.

      As I was washing my body I hit a bruise and tears pricked at my eyes. I feel so stupid for coming back here. I should've just talked to Jake.

      Through blurry vision I looked over at my razor, the blades gleaming at me telling me how much I deserve to hurt.

      I picked it up and brought it to my wrist. Just as I was about to slice Jake's face flashed through my mind. He would be so mad. He already hates me anyway. I slid the blade across my skin a few times.

      I dropped the blades and fell to my knees letting my tears roll down my puffy cheeks. I pulled my knees to my chest and let my head rest on my legs. God I feel so stupid for coming back here.

      I don't know how long I've sat here like this but the water is freezing cold now. I got up slowly, my body still shaky from my heavy sobs. I switched off the water and stepped into the bathroom wrapping my arms around my body as goosebumps rose on my skin.

      I dried off and wrapped the towel around my long hair slipping my mint green robe on. I walked into my room and checked my phone. 31 missed calls from Jake. 1 message. I opened the message.

      Princess please, please answer.

      Just as I was about to respond my phone started vibrating and his contact photo -a picture of him making a silly face- lit up my screen. I sighed and hit answer.

      I let out a shaky breath "Ja-"

      "Arianna? Oh my God why the fuck didn't you answer any of my calls or messages?"

      "I was scared Jake"

      "Scared of what?"

      A few tears rolled down my cheeks and a sob escaped my lips.

      "Scared of what Arianna?" He yelled through the phone.

      "you" I barely whispered I was now full on crying.

      I always cry. God I am such a crybaby.

      "Arianna stop being a drama queen"

      "This is why. What happened to you Jake? You used to care"

      "Where are you"

      "I don't want to tell you"

      "God damnit Arianna. Tell me you didn't go back there"

      Just then my dad burst through the door. I cried even harder.

      "I'm sorry Jake" was all I got to say before my phone was thrown across the room.

_____________________

A/N

Ooohhh cliffhanger. I promise I'll update again really soon. In fact I'll start the next chapter right now;) sorry for the long wait but I made this chapter a little longer for y'all!

Tell me what you think:))

           ~Khloe Xx