Chapter 30

Jake and I walked out of detention together, I was giggling like a maniac while Jake just looked at me like I'm absolutely crazy.

"What's so funny" Jake asked raising an eyebrow.

"I still can't believe you pulled the fire alarm" I say giggling.

"And I still can't believe you punched Ella, I'm pretty sure you broke her nose by the way" He chuckled.

"Good" I huffed crossing my arms over my chest.

-

As soon as we got home I went to the kitchen to start making the lasagna.

"Arianna, do you need help with anything" Jake asked walking into the kitchen.

"Nope, I'll be done in a couple hours. Now shoo"

"Okay, okay. I'll be in my room doing homework"

-

Two hours later the lasagna is finished and the table is set. John should be home soon. I put the lid on the lasagna to keep it warm and rushed upstairs. I threw open my closet doors and searched for something decent to wear. I decided to keep on the black jeans I'm currently wearing and instead of Jake's hoodie I put on a Maroon lace crop top that ends just above my belly button, and the sleeves go half way down my upper arm. I let my hair down from the messy bun and let it lay across my shoulders in its natural waves. Lastly I threw a leather jacket on to cover up the bruises.

I took off all my makeup and started over, foundation, concealer, set powder, mascara, and winged eyeliner.

"Arianna" Jake says and knocks on the door.

"You can come in" I yelled through the closed door.

Jake peeked his head in "My dad is here"

"Oh my god" My eyes widened. "I don't think I'm ready" I started panicking.

"You will be fine" Jake said walking into my room.

"I don't know" I started pacing. "What if he thinks I'm-"

"Arianna" Jake cut me off. "You will be just fine, and I'll be there with you"

I blew out a breath. "Okay okay let's go"

We stopped in Cole's room to tell him I made dinner and we all headed downstairs to greet John at the door. He was in the entryway taking his shoes off.

"Um, hey John" I say nervously giving him a soft smile.

He just grunted in response.

I took a deep breath and continued "I made dinner, and I was hoping you could join us"

John stopped what he was doing and stared at me with shock swirling around the pool of his chocolaty brown eyes.

"You what" He asked confused.

"Um- I- uh- made lasagna for everyone, would you like to join us" I asked nervously.

Jake placed a hand on my shoulder to calm my nerves.

John continued to stare at me like he was trying to figure something out.

"You're not just trying to kiss up so I let you stay in my house are you"

"Dad" Jake hissed through gritted teeth.

"Just give her a chance" Cole says crossing his arms over his chest.

John glances between Cole, Jake, and me trying to decide if he should listen to Cole and give me a chance, or stick to being stubborn.

"Fine" He let's out a frustrated huff. "I'll be at the table in 20 minutes"

"Sounds good" I said smiling brightly at him.

He turned his back to me and headed upstairs.

Jake dropped his hand from my shoulder and ran his hands down his face. "This is going to be a long night"

"Agreed" Cole and I say at the same time.

~♡~
A/N

Sorry for such a boring update but, this is the 9th day in a row I've updated!! Hope you enjoyed:)

~Khloe