Chapter 23

After what felt like hours the pictures were finally taken and we are finally on our way back home. It is now 9:30 at night and to say I'm extremely tired is an understatement.

Maddie and Ryder decided Maddie was just going to stay at Ryder's place for the night because she was really tired and didn't feel like explaining to her parents where she was.

It was insanely awkward in that room and I don't think I've ever been more uncomfortable in my life. There were two other officers besides Williams in the room and they all looked at me with disgust and pity.

I noticed Jake would look pretty much anywhere but at me, but I don't blame him. I can barely bring myself look at me.

And yet again it was silent in the car. Getting tired of the awkwardness I reached over and turned up the radio. Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran was playing.

People fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe it's all part of a plan

I'll just keep on making the same mistakes

Hoping that you'll understand

I began to sing along quietly as I stared out the window watching the trees fly bye.

"But baby now, take me into your loving arms" I sang.

"Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars" out of the corner of my eye I saw Jake glancing at me every few seconds.

"Place your head on my beating heart" I finally made eye contact with him, not missing the glint of amusement his eyes held.

"I'm thinking out loud" I broke eye contact and continued to stare out the window.

"That Maybe we found love right where we are"

"Oh maybe we found love right where we are, and we found love right where we are"

Just as the song ended Jake pulled into his driveway. I noticed Jake's dad's car was parked in the driveway which made me wonder where his mom is. I haven't seen her since I've been here and he never talks about her.

Deciding I'd ask him about it later I unbuckled my seat belt and stepped out of the car wincing as I put weight on my sore legs. Jake jogged over to me and scooped me into his arms.

Take me into your loving arms

Okay I did not just think that...

I gazed up at the dark night sky watching the stars twinkle in the night as Jake carried me to his front door.

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars.

Okay I'm so done with myself...

Jake strolled to the door holding me with one arm and balancing me on his knee as he unlocked the door.

When we walked in both Jake's dad - John - and Cole entered the room.

"Wow, she's what, 17 and can't walk on her own. Kinda sad don't ya think" Cole said.

"Hello to you too Cole" I said forcing a smile.

"Where have you been son" John asked glaring at Jake.

"Out" was Jake's simple answer.

"Where exactly is out"

"Places"

John took a threatening step forward. I tightened my grip on Jake as my breathing picked up.

"Back up" Jake growled.

John took another step towards us smirking. Jake tightened his hold on me and I hid my face in his chest.

"You know" John started. "I really think you should tell me why you have a random girl staying in my house"

"She needed a place to stay" Jake said staring coldly at his father.

"But why"

"That is none of your damn business"

"She's staying in my house, I can easily kick her ass out" John hissed.

Jake glared harshly at John taking a step back when his father took yet another step closer to us.

"If your going to do this then at least let me get Arianna to her room" Jake growled.

"Cole, get the girl to her room" John said harshly.

Cole walked up to us standing only inches away from me. I heard a low growl come from Jake.

"Jake I'll be fine, just don't do anything stupid okay"

He nodded hesitantly before setting me down. He looked at me with sad eyes as I carefully took a step away from him.

I took only a few more small steps moving quite slow when Cole whisked me into his arms. "You're too damn slow I don't have time for this shit"

Cole's arms did not provide nearly as much comfort as Jake's did. Pretty much the opposite actually. Jake's fists and jaw are clenched and his chest was rising heavily.

"Jake, I. Am. Fine." I reassured him.

Jake stayed quiet but relaxed a little bit.

Now I am in the arms of my crushes 15 year old brother. Cole does scare me a bit, he is tall, only a couple of inches shorter that Jake's 6'0 height, and he is pretty muscular so if he wanted to hurt me, he could. But he doesn't give off the 'I'm planning on murdering this girl' vibe so I should be okay, right? I guess maybe I just want to be a little more comfortable around Jake's family. I mean we do live in the same house.

Cole entered my room and dropped me on my bed. Causing my back to burn with pain.

"Jerk" I hissed.

He plopped himself down in a chair near my bed placing his hands behind his bed.

"So, where have you been the past few days" He asked leaning forward and propping himself up on his elbows.

"A friend's house"

"And why can't you walk"

"I'm just tired"

"Mhmm" He hummed not believing me. "So how did you get the bruises on your cheeks"

~♡~
A/N

Two days in a row:) what did y'all think of this update?? Also I'm debating on starting a new book, would any of you read it?

~Khloe x