⭐ (1) Soldier X Reader

--

A dozen roses for you my dear.

She missed her husband very much

She missed her husband very much. Over a year had gone by and the endless silence seemed to be her only friend. Only she could wish for his return; let alone have hope he was still alive.

To lie in bed and feel the cold void of where her partner would lay made her heart sink. She longed for his touch and to hear his voice.

Sleepless nights occurred weeks after he left. Thoughts ran rampant around her mind on those nights she lay in utter darkness. Tears of anger, sadness and fear followed as usual. It was tough living without the one you needed by your side.

Time went by as she sat in the comfort of her home. With a book in one hand, and a mug of coffee in the other, she sighed as she bowed her head. Her book was closed and put to one side. Her eyes fell shut as she placed a hand over her mouth. It was one of those times where her thoughts would get the best of her.

Three knocks on her front door brought her out of her trance. She set her mug down on the small table in front of her, soon getting up and sauntering to the door.

She opened the door only to see a bunch of roses under a tight grip in someone else's hand. She peered over the petals to see a shining smile.

He had come home.