1.) Crimes

PLEASE READ-
this story is going through major editing and plot development. There will be an amazing chapter and then a crappy one, I cannot help that because I didn't want to unpublish completely. If this was not my first story and left a piece in my heart, I wouldn't take the time to do this. So please understand this is being edited for a reason. And that reason is IT WAS DO BAD I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING I AM NOT PROUD.

___________________________
Sitting on a brown park bench, I took in the scenic view. Bright green trees were littered across the field, and the sky was bright with very view clouds. Peaceful citizens with their children and pets, and smiles all around.

Except for the holy knights that were lined up. A few watched the civilians... the others... getting at people who might be breaking rules. One specificity caught my attention.

"Just give it up kid! I'm pretty sure your sister doesn't like this." He grinned. The child in his grip was a small boy, and the knight held him up by the back of his collar. The smaller girl on the ground cried lightly.

Something In my body wanted to speak up, but who was I to think I could do anything. A knight covered in armor against a meek girl. I was still a kid myself, but I had a lot of flame and spark.

"Hey! You stop that!" I yelled at him running to the action. He looked over at me and laughed.

"Grand masters Child? How cute!" The little boy looked at me for help. By god I would do as much as possible.

"Don't talk about my father that way!" I ran up and started to bang my fists on his armor. He just dropped the boy and reached for me instead. I dodged his big hand, and went under his legs. He grabbed again and caught me. I looked back to the kids and whispered the word "run." I squirmed in his grip.

"I'm taking you to Hendrickson. Prepare to be roughed up kid." He told me. I about had enough of his mouth, and curled my fingers into a fist before hitting him in the cheek. He let out a low growl. "If you were older you'd be dead, kid." I just looked at him with an angry face.

—*—

"You've committed a terrible crime today." Hendrickson grabbed my chin and studied my features. I grit my teeth together, and stared blankly back. "How proud you must feel." He let go and I pulled my face away, just standing there with a body guard on each side. "Although I must say, the king isn't in charge anymore." My eyes widened.

"What did you do?! How can you hurt him! I swear if I hear you've done something to the king!" I squirmed around unable to do much. He just chuckled.

"Ah, about that.  I'm locking you away. You won't ever find out, I'll make sure of it." He sneered. He turned away from me, folding his arms across his chest.

"Break her." He spoke. Fear consumed me as I felt a sharp pain in my knees. I screamed, falling limp in the guards arms.