My Enemy's Enemy is a friend

AXEL POV
My emotions were getting the best of me. Lucy was right, we needed to focus on the task at hand. I needed to let go of anything that might put us at risk. 

The time finally came and we piled our supplies and selves into two taxis. Anxiety filled my stomach as we got out of the taxi a mile away from the society. This society in particular was named the society of Iris.

As soon as the silent walk to the building ended, George and Flo went around the back as planned. Lockwood and Lucy climbed to the window of the old abandoned building.

I felt the panels shake as we climbed up. All the windows we passed were blacked out to the point you couldn't see into them. I looked down at the land below, we were climbing to the highest window, the only one were we could enter undetected.

I wasn't afraid of heights but I was afraid of the rusty pipes we clung to. Lockwood was the first to make it to the top, he shattered the window and climbed in. He helped Lucy crawl in soon after, once all inside Lockwood called in George. Crack! the speaker sounded like a crumpled back of chips than George's voice filled the small box,

"Lockwood are you all inside?" He said, there was another cracking noise as the box returned silent. Lockwood pressed a button to reply.

"Yes, we are starting phase two." We waited a second before George replied,

"You only have an hour so hurry up. Good luck." With that the speaker went quite. Lucy and Lockwood headed out the door knowing what to do. The plan was for the two of them to make a distraction causing the alarms to go of, while that happened I would sneak into the prison rooms and wait for them to be thrown in. After they are locked up I would release them along with Acela.

I nodded at Lockwood before slipping down the hallway toward the cellar where the prisoners were kept. The hallways were not much different from the ones back in my society, except for my society was underground not having any windows, in this building they had blacked out windows letting only a small amount of morning light in. As soon as Lucy and Lockwood were out of site I changed directions, I had a different plan in store.

LUCY POV
Lockwood and I ran side by side along the long brightly lit hall way. I was surprised we hadn't met anyone yet. We wanted to get as far away as possible to let Axel get down to the cellar undetected. I was starting to get a bit scared by the fact that the building seemed completely abandoned. We ran down a flight of stairs, suddenly I realized this building had once been a hotel, this fact just creeped me out more. Soon me and Lockwood came to a stop, I breathing heavily.

"This isn't right," I said between breaths,"where is everybody?"

"I really don't know Luce. Maybe they're all doing experiments like at Axel's society?"  He replied looking around. No matter what the circumstances Lockwood was focused on getting the mission done.
"Where do you think we should go?"

I shrugged my shoulders,
"We should go to the first floor, maybe we can find someone down there." Lockwood nodded in reply and we continued our way down the stairs. As we headed down the many steps, Lockwood stoped pointing silently at a boy, no older than 16 heading down a hallway in a hurry.

"Watch out Lockwood! We are going to get caught!" I said just loud enough for the boy to hear. He whipped around panicky taking out his rapier, he pointed it at us. His hair was a sandy blonde and his eyes were a dark brown. Me and Lockwood drew our rapiers, we didn't want to appear as though we wanted to get caught. He clenched his jaw,

"Drop your weapons and put your hands up." He demanded with a slightly shaky voice. Lockwood and I slowly placed our rapiers down and tried to appear scared, I felt my chest compact as I tried to hold in my laughter. Now is not the time! I scolded myself.

The boy pushed us down the hallway and down the steps. Panic suddenly seized me as I realized we weren't heading toward the cellar like planed, but to a small door on the main floor, I could see this is what Lockwood was thinking too as I looked at his slightly disturbed face.

With a look of triumphant the boy shoved us through the swinging doors behind the counter. I was fell into the brightly lit room, as soon as my eye averted to the light I saw Axel's face, as emotionless as ever.

Thanks guys for reading my fanfic. Seeya
Giorgia