CHAPTER SIXTEEN ♛

R A Y N E   P A R K E R

The trio ran up to Rayne's room and locked the door.

"If I was a egotistic maniac pretending to be the leader of a very messed up company, where would I be?"

Hunter joked, but Rayne sensed the seriousness in his tone. Contradicting, but true. Thompson was a maniac who needed to be stopped. And Rayne Parker was waiting to be the one to do it.

The three of them spent the whole night trying to figure out Thompson's location, but ended falling asleep. When morning arose, Rayne's room was a complete mess, but they still had no lead on where Thompson was.

"Guys! Wake up! We only have less than a day to get Kendall back!"

Rayne screamed, causing Bianca to wake up with a jolt, and Hunter to fall out of his chair, hitting his head on the hard floor. The brunette stood, rubbing his head in pain.

"Ouch. Dude, next time you wish to scream someone wake, warn them first, so they won't hit their head! This genius head right here is your ticket to finding your girlfriend, Parker."

Rayne chuckled, but as Hunter mentioned the word, 'girlfriend', he stopped.

"Kendall isn't my girlfriend..."

He trailed off, realizing that he did not know where he stood with Kendall. Sure they had confessed their love and all, but it was quite awkward how they had left things before the ISAA took her.

He wanted her to be his girlfriend, more than anything, but after hearing about how her ex boyfriend got killed by the ISAA, he was not too sure if she still felt the same way.

"Rayne?"

Bianca called him, shooting him back to reality.  Rayne blinked multiple times, before looking at his best friends.

"I'm alright."

"Good, but just so you know, your phone has been beeping for the last few minutes."

She said, as Rayne whipped out his phone, looking at the notifications. They were all from the ISAA, mainly Thompson.

{ ISAA} 10:47 am : Morning Agent Parker, how was your sleep? Anyways, you have about 7 hours to devise a plan if you haven't already and save your precious Kendall. If you don't, she dies, along with you and your little posse. It has been a pleasure working with you, but unfortunately it's now time for the final ride. Will you succeed? Well that's up to you and your decisions. Don't say I'm evil, I'm just doing what's right.

"Doing what's right? Yeah, because killing others is totally right."

Hunter remarked with a snort, after reading the message off Rayne's shoulder. He nodded in agreement, sighing.

"Hunt, do you think you can track him using this text?"

He asked, his eyes twinkling with a gleam of hope.

"I can try, I mean I'm no tech-wizard, but let's see what I can do."

"And you said you are not a tech wizard, Hunt."

Bianca laughed, as Rayne clapped his friend on the shoulder.

"More like tech genius. Thanks to you, we're one step closer to saving Kendall. All we need now is a good plan. Because we only have one shot at this."

He said, taking a deep breath.

"How did our lives go from a high school musical movie to a now you see me or spy kids movie?"

Hunter asked, trying to lift his friend's spirits with the occasional references.

Bianca shrugged half-heartedly. Rayne knew she was tired. They all were. He was just grateful that his friends were willing to help him out and stick with him through it all. He did not know what he would have done if Hunter and Bianca hadn't found out about his double life, or if they had stopped being his friends after they found out. In which ever case, he knew he only managed to make it this far because of his friends, and they all were not going down without a fight.

A U T H O R ' S    N O T E

Hi guys! I'm sorry that I didn't keep to my promise of updating in a week, but I've just been busy with school and projects and well writing of transcripts.

I really wish I could keep to my promise this week, but I doubt I can, since exams are next week and they last for like 11 days, so I'll most likely only be able to update after the 15 of may.

I'm sorry guys! However, I really need to do well in this exam to go to a good class next year! But I do hope you guys can be patient with me and carry on reading my books. Have a great day or night!

All the love,
rach xx