Chapter 9-Family Dinner

Knock knock

"Can I come in?" Mom asks in the entranceway.

"Yeah."

"Studying again I see?"

"Yep." I nod. "But I guess I am due for a break." I say as I spin my legs around so I am sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Sorry I missed you yesterday, Al. Can you believe your father and I were out all last night shopping for furniture? Amazing how someone can be so busy!"

"I believe it..."

"Well, let me see what you bought at the mall!" Mom exclaims as soon as she notices my shopping bags over my bedspread.

"It's really not that exciting." I moan as I shake my head. I love shopping, except shopping with Mia is tiring. She's a little fashionista, so every time we try on any article of clothing we have to stop and find an accessory or some other piece to go with it. It was exhausting, except maybe now I will have at least one cute summer look!

"Come on. At least let me see what's in this bag. I see a peak of red. You know that red is your color."

"I don't have a color."

"Oh, yes you do. Everyone has a color."

I smile as I slowly pull the black and red dress out of the bed.

"It's a dress?! That will be perfect."

"For?..." I lift up my head and tilt it to the side.

"We're going out for a special dinner tonight to celebrate the move."

"Really?"

We don't go out to eat too often, and when we do it is usually a family style restaurant, so it is pretty exciting for us to go out for a formal dress-up-worthy meal.

"Yeah. Is that good?"

"Yeah, for sure." I say with a smile.

"Good. I was thinking also maybe you should invite Asher? He was nice enough to show us all around when we arrived, and it is indirectly because of him that we are here, don't you think?"

"I mean, that is part of the boyfriend protocol." I giggle. "But of course, I would love to take Ash along."

I look down at the charm bracelet he gave me as I grab my phone.

"Ash?" I say as I start walking outside. Oh wow, it's like an oven out here! They say it's supposed to be close to 90 degrees out today...

"Hello?"

"Asher?"

"Oh you want Asher?"

Huh?

"Why? Who are you?" I ask with slight annoyance.

"Um. Billy...Westman, chickity on the phone!"

I'm not just some chickity! Who does this guy think he is?!

"Aly?"

"Yes, Aly! Who was that Billy guy?!!"

"Oh, he's just one of my new teammates. He's cool."

"Uh huh. I guess you guys are really bonding.."

"Ok, Aly what is this about?"

I shake my head.

"I'm sorry. I think this heat is getting to me..Anyway are you free tonight? This time not just for me, for all of the Roths."

"Fam?"