Chapter Twenty Five

Edited

Time seemed to slow down as my heart beats loudly in my chest. Cameron's shouts echoed in my ears. Wait...how am I not dead?

I hesitantly open one eye expecting to come face to face with death but instead the sight in front of me makes me gasp in shock. Reece stood over the dead body of Aaron his face expressionless. His hand held the gun tightly and when I looked closely I could see it tremble slightly. I look down at my body to make sure what I saw was real. I wasn't dead. Well crap. I was kind of hoping he would kill me so I wouldn't have to later. You know to save the werewolf species and all. I sigh in frustration. Now I have to do it. I don't think I have the willpower to kill myself.

My mind spins snapping me back to the present. The loss of blood is slowly starting to take a toll on my body. A loud crack makes me jump in surprise. I look just in time to see Reece's young body slump to the ground. Trevor emotionlessly steps over the dead body making his way over to me. Reece's body lays motionless, his head angled to the side and eyes wide open in fright. I turn away from the gruesome sight. Trevor had snapped his neck. He didn't even see it coming.

Trevor's face appears in front of me and I scold myself for zoning out. I will soon get myself killed.

* " That's what we want." Star whimpers before retreating into the back of my mind.

"Stupid, stupid boy." The rogue Trevor tuts gazing over at Reece's limp body. He reaches his hand out to touch me but a snarling voice stops him.

"Don't you dare touch her!" My mates authoritive voice booms. My head turns so fast at the sound of his voice. My eyes widen at the mass of people standing tall behind my mate. I spot my pack, dads, Ellie and everyone else. The other packs, our allies were here too. At the sight of them I begin to think that maybe we do have a chance. There is a sliver of hope. Trevor chuckles darkly.

"You don't stand a chance." I frown at his stupidity. We have huge numbers. What is he talking about? Something nagging at the back of my head tells me to turn around. And when I do, I automatically wish I hadn't. Hundreds, maybe even a thousand hunters and rogues stand on the opposite side of the field. I gulp audibly in the silent clearing. He was right, we didn't stand a chance. A wave of nausea suddenly hits without warning making me clutch my stomach.

* "Everything will be alright." My moms voice soothes in my mind.

* "What do I do?!" I ask frustratingly as another wave of nausea hits.

* "Time to say goodbye." I shake my head frantically.

* "No not yet. I can help. I need to help."

* "Sweetie." She scolds softly "There is nothing you can do now. You're in no condition to fight...you're too weak to use your powers."

I begin to sob as reality sinks in.

* "They're going to die."

My mother doesn't answer which makes me sob louder.

"Babygirl?" Jax steps forward looking heartbroken. Xavier's hand shoots out and stops him.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to leave but it was for your safety. T-Then I met m-my mother and I left to find the rogue/hunter camp to destroy the weapons. I- I'm sorry. I failed!" My voice cracks at the end as I breakdown.

"Your mother?" Nahaniel asks shocked.

"The Moon Goddess. She came to me and told me of a plan." I look up into the eyes of my loved ones. Families will be torn apart. Mates will die. Children will lose their parents. Too many innocent lives will be lost.