Chapter 4

You screamed!

The self thinking toy whipped his head towards you with alarmed eyes, and now your eyes caught onto a shiny metal object in his plastic grip. Your knife!

This only made you scream more, backing away in fear and confusion. The dolls eyes were watching you scream and stutter, but he didn't know how to handle the situation. If he ran after you, you would just scream and run away, possibly telling the police. You could easily outrun him with your bigger, longer legs. The only way was to get you close enough to cut you.

"Wait! Don't freak out!" The reanimated doll shouted over your screeching. The sound of this low and slightly threatening voice sounding from his pink lips only made things worse.

"YOU'RE ALIVE!!" You screamed, pointing an accusing finger at him. He sighed. This is not the way he wanted things to go at all. He should've killed you by now, but things were steering in a different direction here. The killer doll dropped down from the side of the bed, landing on the bedroom floor with a soft thump. He fiddled with the knife in his grip.

"Stay back!!" You warned him. He didn't listen, calmly taking small steps towards you.

"Listen, don't get scared." He started, trying to get things in order. This was one of the messiest and disorganised murders he's ever had to go through. "Just, let me explai-"

He couldn't even finish his sentence before you smashed your uncles favourite guitar hard over his head, breaking it in the process. Everything blacked out for the doll, and you watched as he fell unconscious on the floor, dropping the knife during the fall. It clattered to the floor as his small body dropped down next to it.

"Damn. I didn't think that would work" you muttered quitely, walking hesitantly over to his form. You crouched down about a meter away, reaching your hand out and very quickly poking his side, just to see if he was actually unconscious.
"Out cold" you whispered.

Just to check you didn't hit him too hard, you leaned forward and hovered your right ear above his narrow chest. You sighed thankfully- he was still breathing. The last thing you wanted was to be a murderer. You backed away from his sleeping form, grabbing the knife that lay inches away from him. There was no way in hell you could trust him with that. Hell, you couldn't trust him at all.

And that leads to the question of what you should do with him...or her. You were fairly certain he was a male because of his voice. You pressed a finger to your chin, thinking about the best option. You couldn't just throw the doll back were you first found him, because it was clear that it could think and feel! But there was no way you were going to wait around until he wakes up, since it was fairly clear that he should be deemed dangerous. Why else would he have stolen your knife?

So, you had a genius idea. A way to communicate with him without putting yourself in danger. All you needed was some rope.

---------------------------------------------------------

The ginger doll wearily woke up, his head pounding. He couldn't remember what happened at first, but he started to recall being taken in. Then memories were flooding back like a flood, and he grunted. The last thing he could remember doing was trying to stop you from panicking, and then everything blacked out.

Now with these things in mind, he remembered what he had set out to do. He needed to kill you. So, he used his hands to get up from his slumped position on the floor. He got up to fast, and his head throbbed painfully. His face scrunched up and he growled in pain. He leaned back on whatever was behind him, trying to gain his balance. His legs felt weak, and his knees kept buckling. He kept a plastic hand pressed against his forehead and he attempted to walk forward.

Emphasis on attemped.

At first he thought he couldn't walk forward because of the weakened state he was in, but then he noticed a thick rope tied around his wrists. In fact, there was rope around his ankles too. His tired blue eyes followed the rope to the desk he was previously leaning on. He tried to pull on the ropes, but the desk was far too heavy to move for his small stature, especially now with the state he was in. His eyes spotted the end of the rope that was fastened in a tight knot, but it was out of his reach. There was no point trying to climb up to it; he could barely even walk.

"Damn it" he grunted, his throat dry and sore.

In that moment, the bedroom door swung open, and you walked in naturally. It was only when you looked at Chucky that you realised he was conscious, and he was watching you.

"Oh" you yelped, halting your walking. You hadn't planned this out, and had no idea what to do now. There was about three meters between you and the doll, and both of you just stared blankly at each-other for a second.

"You're awake"