Heart to Heart

Annie knocked on the office door to see what her father wanted. It must have been something important as he never bothered her during therapy sessions. The thought worried her in the fact that their relationship was a tense one. However, she heard a soft voice telling her to 'come in' so she steadily walked in.

Mr Sharp was sitting at his desk with a neutral expression. Annie breathed a sign of relief as an angry face was not present on her father's wrinkled face.

"Annie. My dear. I have just had a phone call from your college. Turns out they want to observe you in a therapy session. This will count towards your final grade as you will be assessed. The good news is that you can choose any inmate you like providing they do not have a session with another experienced psychologist."

Mr Sharp took out his timetable of the times and days each member of his staff was working at and whom with.

"I would like Harvey Dent please." Annie pleaded. He would definitely by her first choice as she felt the most comfortable with him.

"Taken." Her father stated.

"Oh...ummm. Can I think about it then?" Annie inquired feeling nervous.

"Of course but let me know tonight. I need to ring the lady back and confirm who it is you are seeing. Maybe ask Dr Blackwood for some advice."

Annie nodded. Although she did not feel safe around Dr Blackwood. There was something about her that creeped her out. She never stopped grinning....like a scary clown. Annie shuddered. She hated clowns and panicked whenever her father suggested the circus was on in Gotham. Upon leaving the room, she knew that her observation had to be effective to get a good grade. Who could she choose? Shrugging she waited outside for Dr Blackwood to leave Killer Croc's cell.

Ten minutes later, she heard another growl and Dr Blackwood exited his cell. She was surprised to see Annie there waiting for her.

"Hey Annie. Wow he is grumpy today." She started laughing. Annie could not take this woman seriously. One moment she is acting professional and the next she goes off into fits of laughter. However Annie wanted to get on better with her so smiled back.

"No kidding. Hey I have just been to see my dad and he says that the college have rung to observe me in a therapy session. I am a little nervous and do not know the best inmate to choose."

Dr Blackwood sighed. "Ahh, decisions decisions. No worries kid, I will try and sort it out and pick a lovely inmate."

Annie nodded. "Thank you. I have to know soon though as my dad needs to ring back the college."

"No problem kiddo."

Dr Blackwood waved and walked up to have her tea break. Annie stared after her. She seemed different to the other psychologists. She had a charm about her that Annie felt attached to. Maybe someone to talk to.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

After a short tea break, Dr Blackwood entered Poison Ivy's cell. Poison Ivy was cradling a small plant placed next to her bed. She looked up at the doctor with hostility as if the plant was about to be snatched away.

"And you are the new doctor I presume?" Poison Ivy said harshly.

"Yep." Dr Blackwood smiled.

Poison Ivy gave out a little sigh. "I can't stand it. Stuck in here while you wretched humans destroy this Earth and all the plants that live in it."

Dr Blackwood rolled her eyes and her voice changed to a New York girly sweet accent. "Oh Red. You have not changed one bit."

Poison Ivy gasped and looked up from her plant. "Harley?"

Harley grinned upon revealing herself to the closest person she loved besides the Joker of course. "Ta daaa. What do you think of the new disguise? Pretty hot huh? Mr J picked it out especially for me."

Ivy folded her arms together. "How would I guess that the louse is not involved? What are you doing here? You could get caught."

Harley blew a raspberry. "Relax Red. Old Sharpee has not suspected a thing. Besides, you have not commented on how you look. Your looking beautiful as ever."

Ivy grinned. "You look radiant Harl."

"Ooh." Harley put a hand over her mouth. "I forgot. Two things. One, I will and have only revealed my true self to you and nobody else so keep it hush hush. Two, I would like you to do me a quick favour. See there is this warden's daughter Annie. I have developed a kind of soft spot for her, she kind of reminds me of myself a little." She chucked and then went on. "She needs to hold a therapy session with an inmate and be observed on her lovely performance. You will make it lovely for her, won't you Red?"

Poison Ivy put her hand on her head. "Fine. I will behave myself but what is in it for me?"

Harley thought for a moment. "Well aside from the fun and mischief I will be inflicting on the jolly old man, I will buy you a new plant from the plant shop." She grinned mischievously putting hands behind her back looking cute.

Poison Ivy smiled. "Fine. After all if this girl sounds nice maybe we could...I dunno switch her a little."

Harley laughed. "You read my mind Red. Thanks sweetie." She blowed a kiss at Ivy then left the cell feeling pleased. She walked down the isolated and grim hallway. How it reminded her so much of the time she was a real doctor there. Her first meeting with the Joker. Falling in love. Instantly, she adopted her Dr Blackwood persona when she saw Annie approaching her.

"Hi Annie. Sweetie, I found someone for you. Red...I mean Poison Ivy." She realised that she nearly slipped up there but smiled to hide her mistake.

"Okay thanks. How come you suggest her anyways?"

Dr Blackwood giggled. "Let's just say, she has assured me that she will be on her best behaviour."