7

I woke up the next morning still at (Y/n)'s bedside. I sat up in my chair, rubbing the drowsiness from my eyes.

I honestly didn't mean to sleep in here. I was just going to watch her for another hour before heading to bed.

(Y/n) was sleeping soundly, her back facing me. I wonder how she's feeling...

I got up and sat down on the bed beside her. Gently, I turned her onto her back. She smacked her lips, inhaling and exhaling deeply.

Keeping in a chuckle, I felt her forehead, cheeks, and neck for a fever.

I think Tails's syrum worked. She seems fine right now. I cupped her soft cheek with my hand, rubbing my thumb up against it.

"I'm glad you're okay,"I muttered with a smile.

"Mm...hmm?"

(Y/n) cupped my hand on her cheek sleepily. Her (e/c) eyes slowly fluttered open. When she saw that it was me that was sitting beside her, she smiled.

"Good morning, Sonic,"she mumbled, sitting up. (Y/n) pulled me into a hug, resting her head on my shoulder and wrapping her arms around my waist.

I pulled her closer, digging my fingers into her messy head of (h/c) locks. I couldn't help but breath in her scent, my chest fluttering.

I pulled away from her after a bit, only to discover that she had fallen asleep again on my shoulder.

Chuckling, I gently shook her awake. "Hm?"she perked up. "Morning. How are you feelin?"I asked her.

"I feel much better than yesterday. I'm no longer in pain. Though I am quite hungry."

"Well, let's go get something to eat. But, hey, did you know you were allergic to chocolate?"I asked. "Not at all. That is what made me sick?"she asked.

I nodded, standing up. (Y/n) flung the covers off her legs and placed her feet on the floor. She stretched her arms above her head, giving a satisfied grunt when her back popped audibly.

"The only thing I know I am deathly allergic to is theobroma cacao."

Theobroma cacao? Okay...?

"What is that?"I asked. She shrugged, standing up. "Doctor Eggman never showed me what it was or explained it to me. He only said that I was allergic,"she said.

"Maybe Tails will know what it is,"I said. "Maybe so,"(Y/n) replied.

(Y/n) and I went downstairs to see that Tails, Rouge, and Cream were the only ones up.

"Good morning!"(Y/n) said cheerfully. "Good morning. I see you're feeling better,"Tails smiled. (Y/n) nodded happily.

"Much better. I wonder how I got better, though."

"While you were sleeping, I gave you a syrum I concocted. I made extra batches just in case something like that ever happens again."

"Really? Thank you so much!"(Y/n) smiled brightly, hugging Tails. He hugged back, smiling.

"By the way, (Y/n) said she didn't know she was allergic to chocolate but she is allergic to theobroma cacao. Any idea on what that is?"I asked.

Tails looked up at me. He busted out laughing. "What's so funny?"I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

"I-Its just that...theobroma cacao is the scientific term for chocolate,"he replied.

"Oh,"I replied.

"We're glad you're feeling better, (Y/n). Do you want to do something today?"Rouge asked (Y/n).

(Y/n) scratched her still messy locks in thought. Eh, I'll brush her hair later.

"Um...OH! Books! Is there anywhere I can get books in town?"she asked.

"Of course. The library is open today or if you want to buy books to keep as your own, we can go to the book store,"I said.

"Then there! Can we go there?"(Y/n) smiled. "Sure,"I smiled, walking over and ruffling her hair.

"I'll go get ready now then! I will return!"

She sped up the stairs, occasionally skipping a step.

"She's just like new. Good job with the meds, Tails,"Rouge said. "Yeah! I'm happy (Y/n) is feeling better. I just wish I hadn't forced her to eat that chocolate yesterday,"Cream said glumly.

"It's okay, Cream. You didn't know. But now we can prevent something like that from happening again,"Tails smiled.

"Yeah. Sonic, I think you should go with (Y/n) alone,"Rouge smiled at me. "Why?"I asked, tilting my head.

I don't mind it. I honestly don't. I'd love to spend the day alone with her.

"She seems to be the happiest with you. After a night of being sick, I think she deserves this."

"I think so too...we won't tell Amy where you two went,"Tails winked. Blushing a bit, I nodded.

"Then I'll go get ready too. If she comes down before I do, just tell her to wait,"I said.

"Kay!"all three of them said.

I went upstairs to my room. I paced around a bit before going to my closet.

Should I wear something nice? I mean, (Y/n) won't really care about what I have on and-

Wait. What am I saying? I'm just going out with (Y/n). This is nothing. We've gone out plenty of times.

Of course, it was with everyone else, as well. Now that I think about it, we've never really been alone.

Just me and her...

Blushing, I went ahead and picked out an outfit.

A pair of dark blue jeans and a solid gray t-shirt.

Damn. That's casual as hell.

I threw on a blue and black plaid shirt over the gray one.

Noice.

I came back downstairs after brushing my teeth, brushing my quills, and grabbing my wallet, to see that (Y/n) stood smiling and ready by the front door.

Her (h/c) locks were brushed and neat, in contrast to earlier. She wore a simple, free flowing maroon dress that stopped just before her knees.
A pair of black sneakers completed her look.

She spotted me and her eyes sparkled with excitement. I couldn't hold back the urge to give her the same bright smile she gave me.

I noticed that her dress came down some in the front, showing off a bit of her chest. Blushing, I averted my eyes, looking into hers.

Nice, Sonic. You're already checking her out and you haven't stepped one foot out the house.

"Let's go! LET'S GO!"she grinned, taking my hand. I chuckled, nodding. "Alright, okay,"I smiled. We left, closing the door softly behind us.