10

"Fuck."
"Shadow, don't curse around her."

I looked up from my book. "What does that mean?"I asked.

I was sitting outside in the front yard with Shadow and Sonic. They were attempting to fix Shadow's motorcycle.

"It can mean a multitude of things. It symbolizes strong feelings about something. Like how Sonic is annoying as fuck or how I think riding my bike is fun so I say it's fun as fuck,"Shadow replied.

"Shadow, stop, geez,"Sonic sighed.

I contemplated for a moment. "Similar to like how I believe this book is splendid as fuck?"I asked. Shadow gave me a small smile and nodded as Sonic pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Exactly, good job."
"No, not a good job. (Y/n), we call that word a 'curse word'. We don't say it out loud because it's rude to some people."

I furrowed my brow. "But Shadow says them all the time and I don't take offense to them."
"That's because you've never heard them before,"Sonic replied.

"Don't listen to him, (Y/n). There's nothing wrong with expressing your feelings,"Shadow said. "Of course, but there's other ways to do it besides saying curse words,"Sonic said.

"There's more?"I asked. Sonic and Shadow looked at each other. Before Sonic could say anything, Shadow piped up. "Yep. Tons of them. Wanna learn?"he asked.

"Yes!"
"(Y/n), no."

"You can't stop her, Sonic. She's just as old as we are,"Shadow grinned, shrugging. "I am and I want to learn!"I smiled. Shadow dropped the tool he was working with and walked over to me.

"Let's go, (Y/n). I'll teach you everything,"Shadow said, taking my hand and helping me up. Sonic sighed heavily as he watched us walk inside.

We went to my room where we sat for about an hour and a half. Afterward, Shadow and I walked back downstairs to find Sonic, Silver, and Knuckles in the kitchen.

Shadow nodded to me and I strolled up beside Sonic. "I see you're back. So what did you learn?"he asked.

"(Y/n), you're ugly as fuck!"

I grinned, turning to Shadow. "Oh yeah? Fuck you, you shitty asshole!"

I squealed with joy as everyone else around us just stared. "Did I say it right?"I asked excitedly. "Yep. Great job," Shadow nodded.

"Oh chaos...you weren't lying,"Silver said to Sonic. "Shadow, why did you teach her that?"Knuckles asked. "She wanted to learn and she had every right too,"Shadow smirked.

"Yeah! Shadow said only pussies do not curse and I am no pussy!"I grinned, folding my arms. "(Y/n), please don't say 'pussy',"Sonic said. "You can't tell her what to do, Sonic. Ain't that right?"Shadow asked.

"Mhm! Fuck being a shitty ass pussy bitch!"

Knuckles snorted and Sonic quickly turned to him, giving him a stern look. Knuckles cleared his throat. "Sorry. (Y/n), you can only use them when something is wrong or when someone is threatening you,"he explained.

"Shadow taught me that too! But he said I can use them daily if I wanted. Like how today is a, how you say, fucking beautiful ass day. Oh! Or like how breakfast was fan-fucking-tastic."

All three of them stared at Shadow with disappointment. "What? She wanted to learn everything,"he shrugged.

Amy and Rouge walked into the kitchen. "Hey, guys. Day going good?"Rouge smiled. "Hell yeah!"I replied.

They stopped in their tracks and stared at me before switching their gazes to Sonic. "Don't look at me. It was Shadow,"he said, folding his arms. They looked at Shadow. "She's the one that wanted to learn,"he defended himself. They then looked at me again.

"(Y/n), honey, how many words do you know?"Rouge asked. "Tons! I know 'hell', 'bitch', 'ass', 'fuck', 'shit', 'pussy'-"

"Shadow!"Amy interrupted angrily. He shrugged. Rouge sighed and walked over to me. She took both my hands into hers.

"Don't let Shadow teach you anything else, please. But you can curse occasionally. Just don't do it in front of Cream,"she said. "Oh, alright. I can do that,"I smiled.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

As our day went on, I hung out with Shadow and Sonic. Well, I was hanging out with Shadow and Sonic came along to make sure I wasn't learning anything else.

We sat on the couch in the living room, watching the television. Shadow pet my head and I leaned into his gentle touch, closing my eyes enjoying the soft scratches in my scalp.

But then I felt Sonic pull me closer to him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I smiled and cuddled into his warm frame. "What do you want for dinner, (Y/n)?"Sonic asked.

I shrugged. "A pizza would be motherfucking nice,"I smiled up at him.

Shadow snickered as Sonic sighed. "Yeah, okay,"he replied with a smile.