16

I heard my door open but I didn't look back. I stayed in my curled up position in my bed. I was swiping through (Y/n)'s phone. I was looking at all the pictures she took of she and I and herself. Her (e/c) eyes glowed brightly in the sun and her grin was big and goofy.

I miss her so much. It makes my chest hurt to think that the last happy memory I have of her was our first kiss.

"Hey...you hungry?"Tails asked. "No,"I replied. "Sonic, you have to eat something. You haven't eaten all day...again,"he sighed. "I'm not hungry,"I said.

I can't eat. Can't sleep. Can't leave my room. I haven't been able to ever since she left. It's been four months since (Y/n) went back to Eggman.

Haven't heard anything from either one of them.

"At least drink some water. We're worried about your health. I know it's been hard but you have to take care of yourself,"Tails said.

My light turned on and he walked over. I felt my bed sink beside me. He placed a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged him off.

"Sonic, come on. You can't let this take control of your life."
"..."

Tails sighed again. "How are you feeling?"he asked. "Empty,"I said softly. "You can tell me more if you want. I'll stay here with you today,"he said.

I put (Y/n)'s phone down, rolled over and looked up at him. "We're all here for you, Sonic,"he smiled. I smiled softly. "Thanks, man,"I said. He pet my head.

"I really miss her, Tails."

"I know, buddy. We all do. You wanna go downstairs? Say hi to everyone?"

I shrugged. "I guess."

Tails smiled brightly. "That's the spirit. Go take a shower and I'll meet you downstairs."

He got up and left. I slowly got up, sitting on the side of my bed.

Tails is right. I can't let this take over. I loved (Y/n) to death but...I can't let her leaving destroy me.

I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I had huge eye bags, my eyes were red from constant crying, and my fur was everywhere. In short, I looked fucked up.

I took a hot shower and brushed my fur until it was managed. I almost looked like me before what happened. Almost.

I went downstairs to see everyone sitting in the living room. "Hey, guys,"I said. They all turned and ran to greet me.

"You're alive!"Cream yelled. I chuckled and picked her up. "Yes, I'm alive,"I said. "How are you feeling?"Silver asked. "I've seen better days but I'm okay,"I said. "We're so glad you finally came down. We all missed you,"Rouge smiled.

I smiled. "I missed you guys too." "Why don't we celebrate by going out to eat? There's this really nice restaurant downtown that just opened up,"Blaze suggested. "Sure, sounds great,"I smiled.

I hadn't noticed but the sun was already setting outside. The sky was a beautiful shade of pink and the clouds were starting to disappear.

The restaurant Blaze suggested was pretty great. I ate spaghetti and we all had a great time. When we left, we went to the park. We went where we first met (Y/n). It was my suggestion of course. When we first made it, people were running and screaming. I could hear Eggman's laugh booming.

We looked up to see him flying over the cliff. "Sonic! How nice to finally see you again!"he grinned. "What do you want, Eggman?"I yelled at him over the sounds of his stupid flying thing.

"I just thought I'd bring you a gift! A gift that'll just blow you away."

His flying contraption opened up in the bottom and a big metal capsule slowly came to the ground. The door slid open.

My heart dropped to my stomach and I felt my knees begin to weaken. It was (Y/n). Except all her fur was black and her eyes were solid white. She said nothing as she stepped out of the capsule.

"(Y/n)?"I called out to her. Tails stood beside and took my hand. I was shaking. I couldn't tell if it was from the fear of seeing her again or the excitement of seeing her again.

"She can't hear you, Sonic. She's been unresponsive for months. She hasn't said a word since that day you drove her away. She doesn't listen to my commands. She destroys what she sees fit,"Eggman grinned.

"Sonic, what are we going to do?"Tails asked. "We...We'll just have to do what we can. Keep her away from civilians and make sure she doesn't get to the city,"I said.

(Y/n) stood there, her hands curled into tight fists. She still wore her T-shirt and leggings from when she left, only they were ripped and tattered. Her shoes were gone as well.

She suddenly moved towards me and I pushed Tails out the way as soon as her fist connected with my face. I flew back, but I caught myself and slid back on my feet. I held my cheek, feeling the pain surge through my skull.

She may have punched me but it could've been way worse. She's pulling her punches. She walked towards me but Shadow jumped in her way. They wrestled for a minute before she tossed him aside like a rag doll. He hit a tree and landed on the ground with a thud.

"Shadow!"I yelled out. He got up quickly but his nose was bleeding. "I'm fine!"he yelled back. I ran at (Y/n), trying to grab her shoulders.

I didn't know what I was doing but I knew the real (Y/n) is in there. She's not just some senseless, violent person.

She grabbed my arms and slung me towards Shadow. Shadow managed to catch me and put me back on my feet. We watched as Blaze and Silver ran at her. Silver used his telekinesis to try to pin her arms but she easily broke through.

Blaze tried to kick her but (Y/n) caught her leg and tossed her aside. Before Silver could do anything else, she grabbed him by his throat and punched him to the ground.

I quickly ran at her and tackled her to the ground. "(Y/n)! It's me, Sonic! I'm here now! There's no need to fight anymore!"I yelled.

She didn't respond. She only fought to get me off her. She quickly brought her legs up to her chest and kicked me off her. I landed on the ground and groaned in pain.

Fuck. She cracked one of my ribs. Regardless, I got up anyway and came at her again. And again. And again.

Eggman watched and laughed the whole time as the gang and I tried our best to either make her come to her senses or constrict her somehow.

My left eye was swollen shut, my chest was covered in bruises and bleeding scratches, and my ribs were screaming in pain every time I breathed. But I wasn't going to give up on her. I wasn't going to give up on the one person I love. Even if it killed me.

(Y/n) punched me to the ground once more. I slid before coming to a stop, clutching my chest. I wheezed and rolled over onto my side before coughing up blood but I slowly stood up as she came closer.

Everyone was already tapped out. I wasn't expecting them to keep fighting with their injuries. Cream, Tails, and Amy took care of them on the ground away from the fight. Amy had sustained some injuries too but she was well enough to still help the others who were all unconscious.

"Sonic! Get out of there!"Amy yelled at me. "No! I-I'm not leaving...until sh-she's responsive!"I yelled back.

(Y/n) stood before me. "(Y/n). I don't c-care how many times we do th-this. I'm sorry things happened the way th-they did,"I said. She took me by my throat and picked me up. I groaned softly as her grip tightened.

"Destroy him, (Y/n)! Finish him off!"Eggman laughed.

Her white eyes stared up at me. "I-I wasn't able to protect you l-like how I said I would a-and I'm so...so so sorry,"I said softly. I sniffled as tears started to blur my vision and they rolled down my cheek.

My ears flattened against my head as I cried. I held her hand that was holding me up. "I'm s-so sorry, (Y/n)! I love you s-so much!"

I closed my eyes, waiting for her grip to tighten and end my life.