9

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.~
I hurried up to my chambers. I knew that they might start quarreling about me...

Amy isn't wrong. The encounter with the doctor made me terrified and the negativity was getting to me and I nearly...

I sighed softly as I kicked off my shoes and put them into my closet. I began to change into a light blue tank top and a pair of black sweatpants.

If it weren't for Sonic, Eggman would have captured me with ease. I felt frozen with fear until Sonic told me that I could run. He's such an amazing friend. I'm happy to have met him.

Minutes later, I sat on my bed, flipping through my new butterfly encyclopedia. I smiled softly as I gazed at the multicolored butterflies. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

A knock from my door rang out. "Come in,"I called, looking up from my book.

Sonic strolled in. He smiled. "Hey." He sat beside me, our shoulders touching. "Doing okay? I'm sorry about Amy..."

"It's okay. She has every right to be concerned for your and the other's safety,"I replied. Sonic pursed his lips and reached up to cup my cheek.

My heart...My heart fluttered and I felt breathless for a moment. "I know, but she didn't have to treat you like you're a monster,"he stated softly.

But I am..

Switching the subject, Sonic took my book from my lap. "So! What have you learned so far from reading this?"he asked. He smiled.

I smiled as well. "I've learned that there are over twenty thousand species of butterflies officially recorded,"I replied. "Ah, I see. Are they all in this book?"Sonic questioned.

I shook my head. "No, they narrowed the spectrum down to only seven hundred and fifty printed in there."

"How did they decide which ones to use?"
"I still don't understand that myself."

Sonic chuckled a bit. After flipping through it a bit, he pointed at an orange red butterfly. It's wings were lined with black and had dots in the middle of them. "This one...I like it a lot. I just can't pronounce that name."

"That is a Lycaena dispar rutilus. It's beautiful,"I grinned. "Here. Show me how to pronounce more of there names,"he said, handing the book back to me.

For a while, we sat there. Slowly looking through the book and pronouncing words. It was a blast. Eventually, dinner rolled around.

I honestly wasn't very hungry but I still went downstairs to sit with everyone.

"(Y/n)! How was your day?"Rouge asked, flying over to me. "Oh, um, it was grand,"I smiled. "While we were walking home, we got attacked by Eggman,"Sonic said.

Everyone gasped. "Why didn't you tell us when you got home?!"Cream asked, running up to me. "Are you okay?"she asked, hugging my leg. I smiled, nodding. "I'm quite alright,"I said.

"He didn't follow you guys?"Silver asked. "No, we lost him in the woods,"Sonic replied.

Blaze took my hand and lead me over to the cabinet. "You hungry?"she asked. "No, thank you,"I replied. "How are you...feeling?"she asked.

"Alright, I suppose. Why?"

"I just sense some tension going on with you. You seem...distracted by something."

I shrugged. Blaze smiled softly. "Just know that if you have any problems, you can come to anyone of us,"she said.

I smiled, nodding. "Thank you."