Chapter 2

A knock on my door appears and the unlock doorknob let's the person in.

"Conner" footsteps walk closer to my bed. A warm hand lands on my arm. "Hey Conner, it's time to get up hon."

I roll myself over to see my mom's warm brown eyes staring back at me. The brightest smile appears on her face. So, I smile back.

"There he is" she continues to smile as I rub my eyes, even though I've been up for 15 minutes now. I sit up in my bed pulling of my blankets that reveals my dark green underwear. My family seen me naked plenty of times, because they always help me with 'everything'.

My mom wheels me Tom to the side of my bed I am on. Then she locks the wheels in place like she always did, so I can hop on in.

"I got it from here mom, thanks" I tell her.

"Oh, okay" she frowns walking to my bedroom door getting ready to leave, but turns back around. "Don't forget, it's James first game for the season today. We leave in about 2 hours."

I smile at her totally forgetting about my brothers football game today. I knew it was on Saturday, but I didn't know when or which Saturday. He's been playing sports since 4th grade, so he too can forget about the crash. When my mom left me alone in my room, I wheel myself to the bathroom down the hall. It takes me about an hour just to get in the water, wash my body, get out grabbing a towel, and then getting change. 'I have plenty of time' I tell myself.

I strip off my clothes as fast as I could and start the water. Finally the water made it to the level I want, so I swing my legs in first and then the rest of my body. I still take therapy for my disability, but my muscle & bones are super strong in my arms. It's always easy to lift my body in places I want to go. Unless the place or thing I want to go to is moving. I could never manage to move with moving objects. A knock on the bathroom door startled me out of my thoughts.

"Yea?" I call

"Conner, can you hurry, just a little faster, I need to do my hair" Martha says into the door.

"I'll try"

"You want some help?" she asks on occasions.

"But I'm naked" I cover my bare chest even though she can't see me.

"I'm highly aware of that Conner" she laughs.

"No, I'm getting out now"

"Oh...okay"

I lift myself onto the tub and wrap myself into my towel. As I grab Tom and try to sit in him, one of my wheels moves, and my hand slips, which makes me fall onto the ground. The bathroom door swings open wide, instantly.

"Oh Conner" Martha starts to take pity on me as she looks at me with her crazy hair and early morning face. She walks over to help me in my chair and wheels me back to my room. When she stops Tom, she locks him in place and leaves. I hop on my bed and moments later Martha comes back with another towel. She takes the towel, laying it on top of my head and starts shaking it around. This makes me laugh. Making me completely forget what just happened moments earlier.  Martha stares at me with her ember green eyes(just like mine).

"I love you Conner" she says with a straight face. I smile at her, not knowing what to say, and then she leaves. Again.

My outfit that I change into is completely random; blue jeans, gray t-shirt, and scandals with socks. My hair is always messy so I leave it how it is - "Atleast my green eyes goes with my hair" I always say to Tom. When I open my door, my dirty clothes that were in the bathroom were now sitting at my door folded neatly. Martha is so crazy when she does that to all my clothes , no matter if their clean or not. I reach down to grab my clothes and shoot them in my dirty clothes basket. I wheel myself into the kitchen to see my mom eating a bagel. She instantly looks up from her phone to me.

"I got you a nutrient bar on the table" she glances at the bar for me to take it. So, I do and I finish it in about 4 seconds.

"You got to learn how to eat slower" my mom says.

"I do" I wheel myself to the refrigerator to grab myself a powerade.

"Kaydn is coming over to dinner tonight, so be prepared" she says as I turn around. Kaydn is my mom's boyfriend, going on 3 and 1/2 years. He's much older than she is, but she doesn't mind, because he makes her happy. I can care less about the dude, but for my mom, I will get along with him.

"Did you say Kaydn?" Martha comes walking into the kitchen looking her best. With a dress on and her hair straighten she changes from a homeless person to a model. #

"Yes, Kaydn" my mom replies back.

"Thank god I won't be here"

"Where you going?"

"I told you mom, I'm going over Chloe's house"

"Oh okay" my mom looks at me for some information; which I just shrug in return. "Okay Conner we're about to be late, let's get in the car."

Mom stands up and walks out of the kitchen; so I wheeled myself to the front door, going down the ramp to the van. Mom helps me into my seat and puts my chair in the back. Finally, she's in the driver's seat, getting ready to start the engine.

"I bet it would be fun to drive." I stare at mom.

"You're not missing much, hon."

I sigh. So, mom puts her car in reverse and starts to go backwards out of the driveway when she pushes on the brakes hard. My head snaps forward, then backward, looking at my mom wildly.

"Some idiot parked their car blocking our driveway," she says, parking the van and hopping out. I look in the side mirror to see my mom walking up to the car; seeing if someone is in there. Until, a kid came out from nowhere with a pleading look on his face. He is very tall, looks really rich, and also has a man face, but you can tell he is around my age. I roll my window down to listen into their conversation.

"I'm so sorry" he pleads, " I just moved next door with my family."

"And you just thought leaving your car here to block my driveway would be a warm greeting."

"No...no. Of course not. I almost ran over my dog and just parked my car here for a quick second."

"So, you don't know how to drive, great." Mom continues to be mean.

"He got out when I was trying to park in our driveway."

"Well, OK, I hope his okay, but I need to leave. So, please move your car"

"Yes ma'am," he opens his driver door to get in. I roll my window up as my mom walks back to the van. When she finally gets in she just lets the words slip right out of her mouth. "People are crazy."

"I didn't even know that house was for sale," I tell her.

"Yea, been up for sale for 6 months now," Mom says as we back up out of the driveway. I took a glance at the kid who is just now getting out of his car; when he sees me looking at him, he smiles and waves(best smile I have ever seen in my life). I look away with a quickness, almost breaking my neck as I did it.

#no offense to homeless people. I'm sorry.