Chapter 45: Answers

Elinn

I followed Carter into the living room and wondering how I was going to explain all of this. Was I going to explain what happened to me? Was I really comfortable with the idea of talking about my past with people I couldn't even remember?

I had a hard enough time opening up to Carter about what had happened to me. At least with Carter, I never had to worry about his reaction, with these strangers who were my family I had no clue. I tried to calm my breathing because I was pretty sure if I kept doing what I was doing right now I would have a heart attack.

"You're going to be fine, we won't let anything happen to you. Trust us, we will not fail you." My wolf said to me. Oddly her words caused me to relax significantly and I was grateful.

"Carter, why don't you explain how you want this to work and we can go from there?" Zelya suggested as we all found seats around the room. My parents were still staring at the scars on my arms as if they couldn't possibly be real. Xander and Darius's faces promised they would beat up whoever had done this to me.

"Okay, we are going to establish some ground rules. Number one, only one question at a time, I don't want you overwhelming Elinn. Number two, you will not lose your temper, if you feel you are going to lose it I ask that you find somewhere else to be. Number three, as soon as Elinn says she is done we are done, I don't care if you have more questions they can wait for another time. Do you all understand?" Everyone in the room murmured their agreement.

Carter turned to me with questioning eyes. He looked at me as if waiting for me to tell him I didn't want this anymore and we should leave. I almost had him take me back to my room, but I could do this. I could talk about it for at least a few minutes, right?

"Now if any of you has a question you may raise your hand and wait to be called on." Carter said and immediately hands shot into the air. Everyone's hand was up and Carter gestured for me to chose who to talk first. Out of everyone I was least anxious about what Kent would ask so I started with him.

"I want to know how your injuries are doing. I've been worried for the past couple days they don't seem to be healing at the rate they should be considering your a wolf." Kent asked. I had no answer for him, I honestly didn't know how I was supposed to be healing or if I was healing correctly. I nudged Carter signaling him to give his father the answers he was looking for.

"You know that Elinn's wolf isn't very strong, neither is her body for that matter. This means that her wolf isn't very strong and subsequently her healing is much slower. However, the doc assures me that she is healing fine and her injuries will heal properly. No need to worry Dad Elinn will be just fine in a few weeks." Carter reassures and Kent gives me a reassuring smile. This time I called on Xander to ask a question.

"I know that you can't remember us exactly, but did you know you had a family? Did you have any idea that there were people out there looking for you?" Xander questioned curiosity growing in his eyes.

"I could remember that I had a family, I had been part of a family once. I never could remember what they looked like, I had bits and pieces of memories. A swing in a tree, a blue bedroom, a treehouse, those kinds of things. The people in the memories were fuzzy and I couldn't make out details. So while I knew you existed I didn't know who you were.

Master always told me that my family gave me to him. That they grew tired of me and threw me out. He was gracious enough to take me in and let me stay under his roof. I think in the beginning I thought that someone would save me. After a few months, I gave up and realized no one was looking for me." I admitted staring down at my hands.

"But we were looking for you Elinn! Xander and I were constantly scouting for any sign that you were still alive or who might have taken you. We never gave up hope that we would find you, we knew that someday we would figure out who we were. I promised myself I wouldn't stop until I had found you." Darius said a pleading look in his eyes.