Chapter 78:

Elinn

"She needs to meet Elinn! You have no idea what being away is doing to her, she is dying. She barely talks to anyone anymore and it's hurting our relationship. Things aren't good with her job because she is so focused on her. You need to let her go and see her." I was sleepy and heard people fighting down the hall. Who could be up right now it was so late, like ten thirty. I had to be up early tomorrow so I could go to school with Xander because he wanted me to see the assembly they would be having.

"You know that can't happen and I am sorry. I know that it's been hard on both of you to be away, but at this point she has no clue about any of this. How do you think she would react if you tore everything she knew and loved out from under her. I can't let you take her away right now, not even for a week. I really am sorry, but you have to understand this is the only way for me to keep my little girl safe." Dad sounded so tired as if he had spent all day working, but he had been at home relaxing with us all day. Why did he sound as if this was the most exhausting thing he had ever done.

"I know you can't Zayden, I knew before I came in here that it wouldn't happen. You just don't understand what it's like to have something so special taken away from you. I just want us to be able to be normal, that can't happen until we figure this all out though.

She's been asking a lot about you lately you know. Wanting to make sure that you were okay and that you weren't getting too busy. We know how busy you've been lately trying to keep everything under control. She isn't only concerned with....anyways I just thought I should tell you." The other man sighed and paced around. How did they have the energy to be out of bed right now it was dark outside.

"Soon everything will have settled down and maybe we can begin to explain this whole thing. Then we can talk about her making the trip to see her, but not until afterwards. You know that Adara and I are always keeping you both in our thoughts right?" Dad asked whoever he was talking to and it sounded like he walked over to the man.

"I know, I know," The man muttered and I heard the door that leads out of our rooms and into the main areas of the mansion open and close. Before I could really think about what I had heard my eyes drifted shut."

"Where is she? WHERE IS SHE?" I heard Carter yelling bringing me out of my sleepy haze.

"We don't know where she is Carter. The last footage we could find had her running out of the house and heading south. After that, we have no way of knowing where she went after that, but the trackers are working hard to find her." Nathan seemed to be trying to calm Carter down.

"DID YOU SEE WHAT SHE DID? I thought that she was my friend and she does THIS! For years I spent time with her, she would come over to our house. Look how she betrayed me, she deserves to die." Carter was growling telling me that his wolf was on the verge of taking over.

"Carter....calm down," I murmured as I squinted trying to open my eyes. I see a flash of Nate as he slips out of the room and into the hall.

"You're awake," I look up at Carter only it wasn't Carter staring back at me, it was his wolf Luca. His eyes were watching me intently and I knew he was looking for any source of pain.

"Luca, I'm fine I know that you can see that. My wolf has grown stronger and I'm healed." I held my arms showing him my cuts and scraps I had received earlier were gone. He just let out a small grown and crawled onto my bed. Just then I looked down and noticed that it wasn't my bed.

"You're sleeping in my room from now on. We need to know that your safe at all times, we don't really want to fight you on this. If you seriously hate it after a little while we will stop, but you will be trying it at least for a little while." Luca informed me leaving very little room for argument.

"You don't get to tell me or my human what to do. You aren't any better than us and you have no right to do that. We will do as we wish and you can't stop us!" My mouth moved with a voice that wasn't mine. What was that? Whatever it was I somehow managed to reel it back in after quite a bit of work.

"What's going on! Carter, what just happened?" I was freaking out right now. This was a new thing for me and I was almost certain that it wasn't supposed to happen.

"Wait, you remember what just happened?" Carter asked having also taken back control. He seemed shocked that I thought this was crazy, didn't he?

"I don't think I would forget something like talking when neither my wolf or I move my mouth. So yes, I would vividly remember something like that!" It seems rather obvious to me, but apparently, Carter doesn't agree.

"Elinn, I don't think you understand, this happens all the time. You've never been able to remember it before. You have another thing inside you, but I don't have any clue what it is or why it's there. When it talks your eyes glow golden, only I have no idea why this is happening." Carter tells me honesty.

"So when we were at Anneliese you weren't lying when you said that you had been talking to my wolf. How long has this been going on?" My whole body was beginning to shake not understanding why this was all happening to me.

"Since you got your wolf back, I think the two are linked somehow." Just then another horrible memory flashes in my head.

"I know that you don't like this little girl but I find it quite....pleasurable." Master groans out as he continues to whip my bare chest. It hurt so much more than when he whipped my back and he only did it when he needed to really relieve stress.

"Please Master, it hurts so bad." I begged as he flung the leather once again against my skin. My whole chest was bloody and I was so very sore.

"Not yet Pet, I need a few more minutes and then we can move on. You know what to do once this is over don't you?" Master asked continuing to bring down that horrid contraption again and again.

"Yes....Master," For the first time in years tears slid down my face.

"Carter my wall of memories is breaking. I need you to help me, I don't know how much more remembering I can take." I was crying and Carter was holding me when the memory ended.

"When did this start?" Carter asked trying to think through this logically.

"After you left me in the bedroom, they happen in small clusters. Please help me!" I cried out as I felt another memory coming on.

"We'll figure this out." 

AN: Thanks for being so nice you guys. I know the first update of the last chapter was weird, I did it on my phone and it didn't copy over right. I know this chapter isn't the most exciting, but we are about to start tying up a lot of loose ends and the book will be ending soon. Hope you keep reading. Until next time, bye bye!