Chapter 70: A Story to be Told

Elinn

 "Nathan came home and told me about what he had seen while in the Shadow Mountain Pack. I remember sitting there in shock and rage trying to process what was going on. Nate looked up at me and said, "Carter if you don't go tear up that pack I will do it myself." Those words changed everything even if I didn't know it yet.

We attacked the next day and what I saw was horrible. Nathan tracked the scent of the girl he had met at the dinner. When we found the main source of her scent I was appalled at what I saw.

The room was hidden inside an office where no one could find it unless they already knew it existed. In the middle of the room stood a whipping post and around it were stacks of chairs as if this was an entertainment room. One of the walls was filled with different sorts of whips and chains presumably to be used on the person stuck to the post.

I was shocked at the atrocity in front of me that it took me some time to see the finer details of the room. Things like the fresh smell of at least twelve different wolves or the whips that had been left on the ground. The first thing I really saw was the large mass of blood that covered the room, what shocked me more was the amount of blood that was fresh.

As I began to catch the scent of the person who had been stuck here earlier something happened. The scent was so sweet and addicting and I didn't know what it meant right then. All I knew was that I had to find whoever the scent belonged to.

I ran as fast as I could trying to figure out where the scent was originating from. As I tracked the smell and noticed where I was going and it began to disturb me. We were away from all of the bedrooms and were in the storage and office areas of the house. No one should have been over here unless they were working and a person who had lost that much blood should not have been working." The room was so silent that I was pretty sure if someone whispered the whole room could hear what they said. I could feel everyone's eyes on either Carter or me.

I could feel myself beginning to panic, everyone was watching me. They were all judging me thinking about how unworthy I was to be their Luna. My breathing gets faster as I imagined what they would do to me once they realized I was dirty and broken. Dad seemed to notice and began to rub my arms to try and soothe me. It worked a little, but it wasn't as nice as if Carter was doing it, but he was busy telling my story right now.

"When I found the door to the room that the person was in I wasn't sure what to do. The door had at least five different types of locks on it, as if they were afraid whatever was inside was going to escape. I grew slightly more worry about what my mate might be as Nathan and I unlocked the door.

The room was all cement and there was nothing to cover the walls or floors. There was only a bare light bulb, an old tattered box, and a small bucket to decorate the room. It seemed so empty until I noticed the body that was sitting in one corner of the room.

The person I had been tracking was definitely a girl, but she didn't look like one. She was curled up in a corner with her back towards the wall. I couldn't see her face, but it was clear she was injured. As I approached she shrunk into herself more and more as if she thought that I was going to hurt her.

When I reached her I scanned her body for injuries struggling to find the source of the blood pool that surrounded her. Eventually, I got up the courage to move her discovering her wound in the process. The girls back was torn up and I could see her bones in certain places. It was so horrific I had no idea how she was even still alive.

Nate immediately went to work using his knowledge as a soon to be a doctor to get the bleeding to stop. He instructed me to shift so that I could carry the girl back to the pack hospital. I did as I was told and as soon as she was secure I began running.

I have never run faster than I did that fateful morning. As I pulled up at the hospital she was dragged off of my back and onto a stretcher. I followed them as the girl was lead into one of the operating theatres. One of the nurses convinced me to leave so that they could work so I sat in the hall outside." At this point, there were tears in almost everyone's eyes including my fathers. Carter was crying, but he continued to talk not wanting to leave the story unfinished.

"I sat in that hall for ten hours, never really sure what was happening inside the room I sat before. Nathan joined me after a few hours and we sat in silence. Occasionally a doctor or nurse would come out and tell us about the progress, but none of it was ever really good news.

When she was eventually moved to a room she had all sorts of tubes and wires hooked up to her. She didn't look good, but I was just glad that she was alive and that was something. I decided to stay with her until she finally woke up, no matter how long it took.

After two days of sleeping she finally woke up, it didn't happen the way we all expected though. I was alerted that something was wrong when the alarm began to go off. It warned if something went wrong with one of what seemed like a hundred tubes coming out of the girl. I was sleeping so I jerked awake and began searching for any sign of a problem.

I finally noticed that the girl was awake and holding the tube to her morphine drip in her hands. I tried to calm her down, but every time I tried to touch her she flinched away from me. Luke, her doctor and a few nurses ran into the room which only seemed to upset her more. We tried to get the tube from her hand so we could keep her numb, we knew that if we didn't she was going to be in a lot of pain.

Still, she refused to let anyone refuse to touch her, she even went so far as to drag herself out of the bed and into a corner. That was when I noticed the way she clutched the soft blanket that had been on her bed close to her. I figured we could lure her with promises of her own blanket but to no avail. It was finally decided that I would have to put her back in the bed.

As I walked nearer to her she began to sob and curl up tighter. When I finally touched her everything went nuts. Her body shook as though it was dying and I wasn't sure what to do so continued. Her heart rate and breathing increased and I knew that meant she was having a panic attack. I set her down and took another look around.

Pretty soon we figured out that she would let the female nurses touch her so all the males were ordered out of the room. It was so infuriating to be told that I couldn't even go see my mate until she was properly sedated. I ended up talking with her doctor about her injuries and possible ideas for her healing.

When she again woke I was able to talk to her for a few minute. As I talked to her I was able to get her to tell me her name, it was Elinn. It seemed like it was the perfect name for her, it was so sweet and pure just like she was. I got a little carried away and she ended up having another panic attack." As Carter finished this section of the story her gestured for me to come and join him where he stood. I hesitantly made my way so I was standing next to him. He reached out and grabbed my hand planting a kiss on my forehead before he faced the crowd again.

"As most of you have realized that girl was my mate and your lost princess, the women you see before you. She has grown so much in the short time I've known her though she is still working on a few things. Elinn is the most important thing in my life and I wouldn't trade her for anyone else. I know that you all are very excited and wish to meet her, but we are going to be leaving. This has all been very overwhelming and my mate needs a break. Have a wonderful rest of the night and happy holidays." Carter bid them and turned to face me once again.

He lowered his lips to meet mine and I didn't stop him when he kissed me. I could make out the sounds of the crowd cheering, but that didn't matter, all that mattered was my mate and me. We parted and made our way back to our room.

AN: Sorry for not updating the other day, it was crazy and I was working. It is my Mom's birthday today and I spent five hours on Monday editing her a video. My Mother is a little more important than this book so that's what happened. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Until next time, bye bye!