Chapter 28

Arabella's POV

It's been a week since the pregnancy announcement of Sandra but everything thing seemed to be going fine between me and Toni. He has been the caring boyfriend that he has always been and I can't help but feel blessed. Sandra hasn't been around since that day but I feel like that's not going to be the case for long. To be honest I'm just trying not to think of it at all. So right now I'm just helping Drew aka DD with the project as I was assigned to. Working with him is just really fun as he makes it more like an adventure than a plain boring work. I am definitely fascinated by his creativity and devotion for his job I mean just like Mrs Hashington. They are people whom I look up to. "Hey Arabella Mrs Hashington is calling for you in her office. She says it's urgent," Lena, the new secretary of Mrs Hashington said as she came up to us. "Oh yea sure I'll be right there. DD I'll be quick," I told him and he nodded as he continued to work. As I reached the door, I stopped and knocked. "Come in," the strong voice of the boss suddenly boomed making me startle. I pushed the door open and made my way to her giant wooden table. "You called for me Mrs Hashington," I asked as she looked up at me. "Yes Miss Diaz. I have been following all your work that you have done since you came. And let me tell you that I have been impressed. You did a great job in designing the hotel of Mr Giovanni and I don't say that twice Miss Diaz. So I am offering a job contract as an interior designer for the company," she said. At that moment I didn't know what to say. "That would be an honor ma'am," I said trying to get a grip. "It's not everyday that I offer job opportunities to interns but I see the passion you have for this work and looking at your work Mr Giovanni's hotel proved me right. So welcome on board Miss Diaz," she said as she extended her hand fr a formal handshake. I shook her hand with a bright smile playing on my lips. "Thank you so much ma'am I won't let you down," I said. "Oh last thing as your first official project, you will be designing the mansion of Mr Fedrizzi," she said as she handed me a document which I guess was some information about the client. Wait I know that name isn't is the man with whom I had a meeting in Italy? Yea that must be him. "Like I said ma'am I won't let you down," I said and she dismissed me. I went back to DD with a huge smile stamped on my face. "Oh well you look all radiant. What's the news," he asked as he looked through the designs. I slipped the document of Mr Fedrizzi in front of him and he just looked at me with a frown. "What does that mean," he stop finally all his attention on me. "Mrs Hashington has offered me a job as an interior designer here and this is my first official project," I said beaming with delight. "Congratulations Arabella. But truly it's a first that Mrs Hashington has given an intern a job on just so little time here. Anyways congrats once again," he said and hugged me. I thanked him and we got back to work. Oh but first I should really let Toni know that I got a job. I feel so proud of myself.

So at lunch, I took my phone and dialed his number. After two rings, he answered with his thick voice. "Hey Stella," he said making me automatically smile. "Hi Mr Giovanni," I said laughing to myself. "What's with the last name basis," he said sounding truly confused. "I'm just playing anyways I have news," I said feeling the excitement filling up. "What is it," he said making me frown. He sounds so uninterested. "I got a job," I said bluntly. "That's wonderful. Congratulations love. We should celebrate tonight maybe," he said with a sudden shift in his tone from monotonous to excited. Oh well man can be complicated sometimes. "That would be great so you'll be coming by tonight," I asked and he said yes and hung up because he had a meeting to go to.

Antonio's POV

(That morning)

Ever since I got to know that Sandra is pregnant and supposedly with my child, I have been kind of disturbed. I have been careful enough not to let it show when I'm with Stella but Leo surely noticed that's why he is now in my office annoying the hell out of me. "Come on man you gotta tell me what's wrong," he said and I was just sitting there with my hands in my hair. "I don't know why but I'm feeling like there is something wrong. Something is just not making sense to be honest," I said closing my eyes due to the frustration. "We need to figure this out because I don't want Bella to be hurt," he said with a stern face. "Leo I have no intention of hurting I mean not intentionally at least. Besides it's the first time that I am feeling that way for a woman," I said looking at a worked up Leo. "I know. I've never seen you like that with anyone. I mean Bella has always been special. She is the sister that I've always wanted and well now she is girlfriend which I thought that you would never have," he said laughing at me. "Come on stop laughing at me you idiot," I said throwing my stapler at him. "Anyways we should seriously watch Sandra closely because I don't have a good feeling about her," Leo said stroking his chin. "I'll just get the PI to do the investigation don't worry," I said and he nodded. "Don't you have anything to do besides coming here to annoy me," I said trying to lighten the mood a little but despite me being already disturbed with that matter. "Relax man I just came because I was worried," he said as he punched my back. "That was a lame punch Lucas," I said provoking him. "Oh well that's all the power you back has to support Giovanni," he said smirking at me. "You wound me. I thought we were friends," I said pretending to be shocked. He just rolled his eyes at me and made his way out.