2.

CHAPTER 2 - THE EX-LOVER

Colin parked his Ferrari into the almost filled parking lot at Mel's place and got out. He went to the other side and opened the door for Alexia. She mumbled a thank you when she walked out and let out a sigh. Her eyes looked around the woodland setting of the restaurant and she already loved it. The fresh air here would be all she needs to cool down after the electrifying car ride she just had with the irresistible Colin.

"Let's go in, shall we?" He said and she nodded. "Have you been here before?"

"No, this is my first time." She replied, glanced at him from the corner of her eyes and caught a flawless smile on his face.

"Then you'll love this place. I have been here countless times. It's one of my favourite restaurants."

As soon as they entered the glass doors, Alexia knew why it would be one of his favourites. The wooden floors, tables and chairs matched the beige coloured walls and the woodland setting outside. She already loved the place because of its decor. She thought whoever decorated this place did an excellent job.

As Colin glanced around, he noticed the place was full. An observation Alexia had not noticed as she was busy appreciating the décor. "God, I hope we get a table!" He gasped.

"Of course you will get one." A voice answered almost instantly. A waitress, dressed in a white blouse and plaid miniskirt, approached them. The first three buttons of her blouse was undone, her black curls were held in a messy bun and she wore a sweet smile directed at Colin. "Hi, Colin." She said sweetly.

"How are things going, Tanya?" He asked and the waitress thrust her busty chest out, replying.

"Things are great." Tanya replied and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, winking at him.

Oh, God

Colin groaned and wished she would get on with her job and stop what she was doing.

"So what can I get you?" She asked and he sighed, relived that she was finally doing her job.

"Table for two," he replied while Tanya moved her gaze to the woman standing next to Colin, and found her already staring.

A frown creased Tanya's forehead as she glanced at Colin's woman. This woman was so effortlessly beautiful that she made her feel like an ogre. She hated to admit it but her fiery red hair was beautiful. It fell along her temples and curved slightly at her jawline. She was in a pink blouse and black pencil skirt, which accentuated the curves Tanya always, wanted but did not have.

Tanya's lips twitched as she glanced at Colin, who got his eyes on his woman. The way he looked at her reminded her of the same way he did her, three years ago, when he first walked into this restaurant. He had sent her notes all through his meal and by the time she closed from work that day, he was waiting for her outside.

That night they had done it in the backseat of his car and later took it to her place. Colin was the best lover she ever had and unfortunately the shortest. Tanya had always dreamed of having him again after that night, but she knew it would never happen. Colin was a playboy who would never settle for one woman. She knew that. However, she always felt jealous whenever he brought his bimbos to the restaurant, because she had an idea of what he was going to do with them in the backseat of his car.

Today, he had brought another one and jealousy was eating her up again. "This way, please." Tanya led them to a table at the back of the restaurant and left them after she took their orders.

"You must come here very often for the waitress to know you by your first name." Alexia spoke after taking a sip of water to moisten her dried throat.

Colin smiled. "Yes." However, I am not proud of it. He wanted to add.