19.

CHAPTER 19 - JEALOUS

ALEXIA'S POV

Alexia stepped into the office the next day not in the best of shape. The bandage was still around her head however, she covered it with a hat. Everyone at the office thought it was strange that the boss wore a hat but none was brave enough to ask her about it.

She tried to walk without wincing or limping so no one would suspect anything, but anytime she entered her office and locked the door behind her, she let down the act.

All through the morning, Sally had acted rudely towards Alexia and by lunch break, she just had to ask.

"Sally, what has gotten into you today?" The young woman was noisily chewing a gum while placing some files on the desk.

"Why, can't I chew at work?" She threw Alexia a mean look who, then leant in her chair.

"No, you can't." Alexia replied and watched her mumble something, then glared at her.

"You're the boss and you can do whatever you want." Sally said and then whispered under her breath, but Alexia heard it.

"Including seducing people into giving you job offers."

"What did you say?" Alexia rose from the chair abruptly and then winced when pressure was put on her injured ankle. She leant on her other leg and glared back at her secretary.

"There's no need to repeat it since you already heard it." Sally thudded the files on the desk and then placed her hands on it. "You think I don't know? That the offer you got in Yeji, was all because of Colin Knight? Just the other day he also sent you your favourite flowers. And to top it off, he asked me for your home address!" She yelled.

"Sally, what gave you that idea?" Alexia said.

"I am not stupid, you know." Sally huffed and raised herself. "I saw how you had always moved with Bernard Wills during the furnishing of DALIA. I am sure he got that job for you. That is not all, you were also clingy with Colin Knight and he got you the other job, didn't he? What did you give him in exchange, Alexia, your body?"

Alexia looked as if she had just been slapped. Her eyes were wide as saucers and she was speechless. It stunned her to hear such words from her secretary. All she knew, Sally was only a lazy bum, but she had no idea she was capable of speaking such vile words. Her eyes showed so much scorn that, it startled Alexia. What did she do to her to deserve this?

"Sally, you sure have some hatred for me." Alexia said while Sally paced the office, yelling.

"You don't know how much." Sally raked angry fingers through her hair. "You have always mistreated me, made me work a little harder and treated me like your puppet but no more Alexia. No more being your slave. I quit!" She spun around and headed for the door.

"One more thing, I hope you are miserable." With those words, she walked out, banding the door behind her.

Alexia was motionless for a moment but soon regained her senses. Sally had said some hurtful things but also saved her the trouble of firing her. Alexia knew most of what she said was not true, but why did her heart skip a beat when she mentioned Colin?

Slamming into her chair, she sighed and covered her face with her palms. She might probably be mixing things up. Picking up a file, she decided to work instead of thinking about it. However, no matter how hard she tried, her mind always came back to Colin and the events, which transpired last night. Picking up her bag, she decided to leave work early, but before that, kept one of her employees in charge of hiring a new secretary.