20.

CHAPTER 20 - "WE MEET AGAIN."

"Thank you." Alexia shook hands with her client and then watched as he walked away.

It was another opening ceremony and as the interior decorator who did the work, she was invited. The past week had been hectic. She and her team were busy coming up with ideas, buying the furniture and getting everything in its place. Thankfully, everything was ready in time and the restaurant turned out very good.

"Miss Brooke," she heard her name and spun around to meet another guest. "You have amazing skills. I love what you did with the restaurant." The woman in a grey dress said.

"Thank you. It was all team effort." Alexia smiled and then they shook hands. The woman nodded and then walked away.

Turning around, she moved towards the hall where the party would take place. As soon as she reached the door, her eyes glanced round the room. Among the crowd of invited guests her eyes managed to land on the one person she least expected to see, Colin. Instantly, her heart skipped a beat.

Immediately, he saw her too. For an instant, their gazes locked. His blue eyes sparkled under the lights and she was transfixed. Slowly, he looked away and whispered something to the woman beside him. After handing her his glass, he left her side and moved towards Alexia.

She had not moved from her spot at the door and neither did her eyes move from him. She took in his whole appearance like a starved animal finally getting food after one week of searching. Indeed, she was starved. Starved of his godlike body, handsome face, beautiful lips and breathtaking looks. Colin was one heck of a man. She did not want to admit it, but she missed him. He had only disappeared from her life for one week and she already missed him.

His suit was the exact same one he wore the first time she saw him and he looked as ravishing as then.

"Alexia." he said, causally.

"Colin." She said too.

For a brief moment, they only stared and did not talk. His eyes took in her beautiful face and wonderful figure in the strapless, figure hugging, floor-length gown. For him, she looked like an angel _ an angel who he wanted, to cleanse his sins and make him good again.

"You have out done yourself this time." He spoke.

"Thank you." She said and then they were back to staring.

"You look very beautiful." Colin couldn't hold back anymore.

"Thank you." She smiled. "You don't look too bad yourself."

The host said something into the microphone and then Alexia's eyes finally left him. All around them, she saw the guests taking their seats.

"Shall we?" He asked and then she returned her gaze to him. His hand was open for her to take it, but she said.

"You should return to your date. She is probably waiting."

His eyes stayed on her for something before he asked. "Where is your date?"

"He's around here somewhere." Alexia looked round. "Ah, here he comes." She added and then Colin saw him. His eyes flashed anger and then his hand folded into a fist inside his pocket.

"Where were you? I was searching everywhere." Alexia connected her hand to his elbow and then smiled at him.

"I was searching everywhere for you as well." Elijah placed a kiss on her cheek and then smirked at Colin, who glared at him. "Thank you for finding my date for me."