Part 7: Violence is the lowest means

If you need Violence to enforce your ideas, then those ideas are worthless

-Anonymous

A lady who had always been amongst the cream of the society, had been pampered like princess and had been raised like one as well, it was no doubt appalling to envision herself living here in such a sickening and repulsive habitat.

For what she saw inside the tent was nothing compared to the scene outside.
A dwelling garbage of stinking unwashed laundry, empty bottle of beers, residues of cigars and numerous maps rolling across the length of the tent.

It was very small place and consisted of nothing but a thick mattress consuming half of it and a glass lantern by its side, which was still glowing, but its golden flames did little to illuminate the dark place.

'It was still very dark for her! '

She had barely removed one or two of his dirty shirts from the mattress to make space for her to sit when she was graced with the presence of her arrogant drunkard husband of two hours.

"Oh I see....you have settled in well...already fulfilling the duties of a wife. Picking up my dirty clothes and all."His sarcastic tone did not go unnoticed by her but she said nothing, for her temper was too high to do so.

"I will tell you something...."He continued speaking while he watched his wife sitting on his mattress with his laundry in her hands. He did not like this, not one bit because it made him feel very small for it seemed he had dragged a heiress to her literal ruins.
It made him feel hurt because it showed him the mirror too that what a failure of a man he is. Unfit to be a husband, unable to provide for his own wife.

"You don't need to do all these chorus for I have people assigned to complete these tasks but all you need to do is to take care of my daily needs.... in bed."he smirked and this was all it took her to hurl every tatter around her at his face. 

He ducked easily, but that did not stop her from doing anything, the redness in her eyes grew while she emptied the mattress toss things off at him and in an imprudent moment she had picked up the glass lamp off the floor when he decide to take things in his own hands, she would kill herself as well as him if she kept on like this.

Two steps and he had caught her wrist in a vice like grip that was high up in the air clutching the oil lamp. "Hold back girl." His gruff voice near her ear sent her nerves in another frenzy but that gave her an idea as well and she smiled, it was easy she did not hold back anymore but let go. the lamp fell from her grasp and he barely registered the muffled thump and the whizzing liquid out of the container but he did felt the heat that spread next, the center of the mattress had caught fire, the flames turning and growing to every part the oil had spread. 

Devika could not hear exactly what he said but they were a string of curses under his breath no doubt, she had scarcely enjoyed the moment of victory over him when she was once again hawled up and pressed onto something very hard and if not for the slight spicy cologne she could have very well mistaken her husband's chest as a rock.