{Lance x Reader}; Friendly Neighbor

Character; Lance McClain

AU; Spider-Man Lance

Warnings;
Small Fluff

.-+*0*+-.

Another day, another walk to school, another step closer to death. As you zipped up your black hoodie with "{Favorite Fandom Reference}" printed boldly on the front, you slung your backpack over your shoulder and wished your Mother goodbye.

"Wait, Y/N, did you remember to eat breakfa-"

"Bye Mom!" You yelled quickly and shut the door behind you. You crumbled your posture and pushed back the fly-aways you knew were rising from the rain-induced humidity, then began your fifteen-minute adventure to your designated bus stop.

Puddles and wetness stained the sidewalk, the grass and the streets from the rain that fell last night, making the soles of your dirty {favorite color} converse schwiff with every step. You eventually reached your bus stop after an admiring, damp walk, and sat down tiredly on the droplet-studded waiting bench. You had earbuds jammed into your ears as you listened to {Favorite Broadway Track}, so you could only faintly hear the screaming behind you. Thus, you were too late to react.

You were only reaching to remove the devices shooting music into your brain when you felt a strange substance wrap around your figure. Looking down fearfully to see what had entrapped you, you saw the bench. Except, you were about fifty feet in the air, and your previous waiting seat was obliterated, wood chips and debris landing everywhere. Your body hesitated in the air, then began to descend.

You were falling.

You didn't yell or scream, but you did gasp dramatically, like your life was about to end. (It probably was). Bracing yourself for impact, you closed your eyes tightly. If this is how fate wanted your life to end, so be it. What would your last words be? A quiet hum to "{Random and Odd Broadway Line}".

Fantastic.

However, in the end, you never felt the pain. 'Am I Dead?...' you though, and pried opened one eye to see if you were in h*** yet.

Unfortunately, instead of fire and humid under-worldly warmth, in front of you sat a heavily-panting being. They were covered head to toe in red, black and blue, and had a giant black spider printed on their chest, standing out against the vivid primaries. They were thin and tall, and squatting tiredly as they set you down.

"Who are you? I just wanted to go to school, man!" You whined, butt-scooting your tied figure away from the masked stranger.

"No, Y/N wait!-" He yelped, and pulled on your shoulders. You slowly turned your head as far as it would go around, looking at the edge behind you, easily a few-hundred foot drop you almost scooted off.

"..You have powers and you took me to a roof and you don't want me to die? Not even a ransom? God, what's happening to New York?..." You asked, but the mask hid your taker's emotions from showing how they felt.

"Ha, no! I saved yo- Wait, do you really not know who I am-" He began to brag, but eventually broke into a complaint. However, he was cut off by a deafening blast similar to the bus-stop-destroying-destroying one, missing your hand by a few inches, leaving a smoking black hole in the roof of the building.