{Lance x Reader}; Always Allura

Character; Lance McClain

AU; None

Warnings/ Should Knows;
•Requested by @itsdansglabella
•im bad at angst but it's there
•looooooooong
•I know the request didn't ask for the super long, happy ending but I couldn't help myself sindkwdnwnsnn sorry!

.-+*0*+-.

"Allura looked so good today. She wears fingerless gloves better than Keith, but of course, we all knew that~." Lance sighed, blabbering on to you about his hopeless love. It was all he ever talked about.

"But of course.." you mumbled along, clawing desperately for a chance that your book might distract you from your heartache. This boy never shut up about the one girl, especially not about his never-ceasing crush on the Castle-resident Princess.

You wished so badly that he was talking about you. That he was nagging anyone else instead of you, talking about how much he loved every little thing you do. But alas, you don't always get what you desperately want. She was better than you in every way, shape and form.

"Did I tell you about how she complimented my training yesterday? It was so-"

"Yeah Lance, you told me already! The first thing you did was run to my room and rub it all in my sad, pathetic face." You growled internally, but you would never say that to him. You could, but you didn't want to ruin what you had. Even if it was tearing you apart.

"Yeah, you told me yesterday. You almost beat your record, I'm proud of you." You grunted.

"Hm, I wish Allura would tell me that~." The boy daydreamed. You shut your book, not even caring about damage. You were just done.

"I've got things to do. Maybe Hunk will listen to you." You mumbled. Lance watched with confusion and a dash of sadness as you left angrily, never turning back.

You dropped your book in such a way that it was almost a slam, forced out from your anger and jealousy. You felt like our blood was boiling within your veins, burning you with pain from the inside.

"Y/N?" He called, but you didn't answer. You wouldn't let him see you cry.

'All these tears for someone who doesn't even give me the time of day' your mind wailed. 'Except when he's drooling about Allura. I get some time then."

Once you reached your room, you shut the door and nearly sent a punch into a wall on the other side of the room, where no one would hear. You only lightly leaned against it, your head hung in shame of yourself.

"Allura, Allura, Allura. It's never me. It'll never be me." You cried. You weren't fiery with anger or drowning in depression, but emotionally drained and stinging with jealousy you wish you could cut away.

...

Lance, on the other hand, was confused. He never really liked it when you were upset, he always felt he need to make you happy again. He liked it when you were happy, it made him happy too.

"Y/N?" He asked, but you didn't respond. He slouched down on the couch, resting his hands on his stomach as he thought.

"All I did was talk about Allura." He reminded himself.