A Visit

(I am deathly ashamed about the way this chapter turned out. This may be the worst chapter in this book. Then again, every chapter I write is bad anyways.)

Yuri's POV

Beep-------Beep-------Beep-------Beep-------Beep

Where am I?

Is this the afterlife?

I don't remember them having beeping noises...

My eyes slowly opened. I try to survey the room around me, but my eyes wouldn't move. The sound of the heart monitor was the only sound in the desolated room.

After several of minutes, my eyes fully opened and I was able to look around. There was the heart monitor on my right and a lamp to my left. A clock could be seen north of me.

4:53 A.M.

Sheesh, such an early time to wake up. There were some bandages wrapped around my left arm and an IV plugged into it. Probably to bring blood to my heart or body. Besides, I did lose an extensive amount of blood during the hours I was passed out. Good thing I put the towel on the wound, because if I didn't, I probably would've died of blood loss.

I could barely remember anything from that situation. I was awoken by someone shaking me violently. As I opened my eyes, I saw that it was Natsuki. She was crying to no end. I tried my best to comfort her, but my voice was broken, so I couldn't even speak. I maybe got a couple words in, but I didn't know what I said.

While I was brainstorming about the past, a nurse walks in with a clipboard. My eyes slowly dart to her.

"Misses, Yuri? Correct?" She speaks. I tried to reply, but a voice never came out. I just nodded to her to signify that she got it right.

I analyzed her. She had glasses on, a normal physique. Her hair was black and straight down, which looked extremely elegant. It was about the length of my hair, but just a little bit longer. Her chest size wasn't big, and she did not have any form of makeup on. Her eyes were two different colors. One was lavender and the other was sky blue. She looked pretty cute, but I definitely won't say that out loud.

"Oh! Excuse me, I'm sorry about my manners, I never properly introduced myself. My name is Yui Hinata, but you could just refer to me as Yui. I'll be your caretaker throughout your stay here."

I nod to her and she gives me a water bottle just in case I get thirsty. She looks at her clipboard one more time.

"It says that you're in here for a stab wound to your arm. May I ask who stabbed you? It's okay if you don't remember."

Well.... No one really stabbed me..... It was myself....

I used my right hand to point at myself, emphasizing that I stabbed myself.

"Hmmm? You stabbed... yourself?"

I nodded in response.

"My, my! Is there a reason you did it?" She looks over to me worriedly.

Well, there was no reason to do it. I just thought it'll feel good, but I was wrong.

I nodded to her.

"May I ask why?" She questions.

I tried to speak up, but a voice never came out. I opened my mouth, but closed it right after. I tried to point to my voice box, but my right arm couldn't reach that high.

"Can you not speak?" She asks.

I mean... It's pretty obvious that I can't.

I shook my head sideways.