Love

"I have a crush... on you..."

The words echoed through my head, bouncing off every wall like a DVD screen recorder. My heart was beating a million beats per second, eyes filled with confusion and happiness.

"Y-... You're lying..." I say, words brimming with contortion. This couldn't be true, there's no way the girl I have a crush on actually likes me back. There's just no way.

"N-Natsuki, I can rest assure you that I am not..." Yuri replies, slightly hurt.

My heart started to have sudden pangs of pain.

"S-Stop lying!" I shout, covering my eyes that were full of tears at this point. Is she playing with my feelings? I...

"N-Natsuki-"

"S-Shut up!" I instantly react, not listening to what she was going to say.

"P-Plea-"

"I-If you actually do l-love me, prove it!" I say, crying involuntary.

"P-Prove that yo-you d-" I was suddenly cut off by Yuri pressing her soft and tender lips against mine. My eyes widened in shock, but I immediately returned the kiss, melting into it. All of my thoughts were slowly fading away as all I could think about was the heat of the moment. It felt like all of my dreams were coming true.

The kiss lasted a couple of minutes, and every second of that minute felt like heaven. Yuri eventually pulled away, breathing heavily.

She smiled down at me, her cheeks bright pink.

"Is that enough proof?" She says, gently giggling. I couldn't even reply to that. My mind was still processing what just happened. I was extremely happy and giddy inside, but still fully shocked of what she did.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes." she stated, gently rubbing my head.

Yuri's PoV

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod IkissedherIkissedherIkissedher!

My mind was spiraling out of control. That was the most boldest thing I have ever done in the entire span of my life! It felt so relieving when she kissed back. My heart was beating so fast, and I was beginning to worry.

"That... felt amazing..." Natsuki quietly whispers. "O... Oh yeah..." Natsuki suddenly pulls me closer to her.

"I love you too... dummy..."

I blush and compassionately hug her, carefully not trying to squeeze her to death.

We stayed like that for minutes before Natsuki spoke up.

"We should probably get up from the floor, ehe" she goofily exclaims.

"Heh, yeah, you're right."

I stand up top first, reaching my hand down for Natsuki to grab.

"Such a gentleman-"

"Or shall I say, gentle-wo-man." Natsuki grins, using my hand as a support for her to get up.

"That... was really cheesy." I laugh, making Natsuki triumphally smile.

"But I have heard worse."

"Like you could do any better." She says, pouting and crossing her arms.

"Aheh, yeah, you're right I suppose."

"Hey..."

"Hm?"

"So are we like... a thing now...?" Natsuki asks

"I guess we are."

Out of the blue, Natsuki suddenly wraps her arms around me.