Hurt

Monika's PoV

It's been about four hours since Sayori has been sleeping. It also has been four hours of me sitting still and calmly. I have wasted four hours of my life doing nothing, but stare down upon a cute little cinnamon bun. Maybe I should wake her up. I thought to myself. But then I wouldn't get to stare at her for a couple more hours! Ahhh! What a hard decision! After a couple minutes of brainstorming, I though of a perfect idea. Just pick her up. Sayori can't be that heavy, right? I mean, I've lifted heavy things before. And with that, I gently stand up, making sure not to disturb her slumber by putting her head softly on the spot where we were sitting. I crouch down and grab her legs with my arms, and used all of my strength to lift her into a piggyback riding formation. Nonetheless. it worked. Although, I had a problem. Wouldn't it be weird to walk around while giving a piggyback ride? Surely it can't be that weird. Sayori's head was resting on my shoulder and was breathing down on my neck. I blushed slightly, but got over it in a few seconds. I grab our shopping bag and began heading towards my house. I look over to my side for a bit to see Sayori, and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Her face was gently warmed and soft looking. She looked so peaceful. I smiled and kept on walking.

During the walk, I got a couple of glances from other people, but not enough to bother me in a sort of way. Luckily, my house was near the shopping district, so it wasn't a very long walk. Though, my arms did get tired quickly, but the determination in my eyes prevented me from stopping.

Once I got to my house, I tiredly walked over to the couch and placed Sayori down slowly. Once she was on the couch, I felt so relieved. Oohh, I can finally walk around normally. My first thought once I was let go of the weight was to take a relaxing bath. I walk over to the bathroom and turned on the water. I took off my clothes and placed them in the laundry bin, and proceeded to walk towards the bath, taking my bow off my hair while at it.

Stepping in it, and fully submerging my body in the water was the most solace thing ever. I didn't bother locking the door, as Sayori probably won't be awake until three hours or so. I calmly begin to sink in the tub and slowly began to close to my eyes. I wasn't worried about drowning, as there was not much water. Just a lot of soap and bubbles. I begin to fantasize a bit about me and Sayori. I blushed hard at the things I was thinking of. Sayori without any clothes on... hehe.... must look... beauty- NO! That's weird! Why am I thinking of these things?! I shake my head and try to get my fantasies out of my mind.

As time went on, it eventually faded and went away, leaving me with just my thoughts. The house was completely silent. The AC'S were off at the moment, and I turned off the water awhile ago when I thought it was good enough for my suiting.

The calming silence ultimately led to my little nap in the tub. The last thing I thought of was the minor love letter I wrote for Sayori.

How charming.

Sayori's PoV

"Here you go, Monika! Made just for you!" I handed her a cupcake with her names written in kanji.

"Oh, Sayori. It looks beautiful!" Monika says, subtly grasping it with her hands.

"Heh, yeah... just like you..." I say, silently, hoping Monika wouldn't hear. Well, she did hear it and blushed.

"Sayori, you're beautiful as well!" She says, placing the cupcake down and ran over to hug me. I gladly take the gesture and hug her back.

"Monika, can I tell you something?" I ask her, nervously.

"You can ask me anything!" She says, giving me a thumbs up.

I take a deep breath.