First Kiss

(So I was planning on writing a Sayori x Monika fanfic after this one, but realized that I included a lot of Sayori x Monika in this story, and I am very very very VERY sorry for that. I'm going to drop the Sayori and Monika PoV after Monika's PoV, and then continue with the ACTUAL story instead of slacking off. I want to apologize for this, and will not make this mistake again.)

Monika's PoV

"C-Can you k-kiss me...?"

What...? What kind of favor was this? The last time I kissed someone was... never! I never kissed anyone yet!

"A k-kiss on the c-cheek?" I shyly, but surprisingly said.

"N-No... a kiss on the... l-lips..." Sayori says, looking down.

O-On the l-lips...?! Sayori, what has gotten to you?!

"S-Sayori, w-why are you a-asking this?"

"Ehe I don't know... I just wanted to know what it felt like, since I never kissed anyone before." She says, pointing her two fingers together.

"But was it necessary to ask me that question...? I mean... I wouldn't have declined, though..." I whispered the last part to myself, hoping Sayori didn't hear. But, with my misfortune, she did hear it.

"Oh. So... do you still want to do it?" Sayori asks, nervously. I silence myself and think deeply. Do I really want this...? Do I need this? Should I really take my best friends first kiss? Will this go against me? Will we be more than friends if this happens? A million thoughts swirl in my head as I think all about it. The main question is, will this change anything between us? I really hope it doesn't. The last thing I would want was things being awkward between us.

"Monika?" Sayori says, interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh! I'm sorry... can you give me some time to think?" I ask.

"Of course."

Surely this won't ruin our friendship... I mean, one kiss wouldn't hurt, right? Am I overthinking this? I think I am... maybe I should just give a straightforward answer. But, that would make the kiss unexpected  and weird.

"A-Alright, Sayori... I g-guess we could." I say, blushing a tomato.

Without hesitation, Sayori quickly reached over, and kissed me right on the lips. My eyes widened a bit, and I slowly began to ease into it, closing my eyes and kissing back. Seconds, which felt like hours,  passed, and Sayori parted.

I re-open my eyes to see Sayori looking down.

"T-This doesn't r-ruin anything between us, d-does it?" She says, solemnly.

"Don't worry, it doesn't." I say, reaching over to hug her.

"I doubt anything will ruin our friendship."

I rest my head on hers and close my eyes.

"I'm gonna go to bed... you can come if you want to." I say, standing up and making my way to my room. Sayori does the same, not saying anything. We reach my room, and I open it, revealing a relatively clean room. Sayori walked to my bed and silently slid in it, facing the wall. I do the same, not bothering to change. I get in bed, and wrap my arms around Sayori. She hesitated, but quickly adjusted to it.

"Goodnight, Sayori."

"'Night, Monika..."

.

.

.

.

.

Natsuki's PoV