Chapter 20 ~ Briefing

The guild hall was the same as always. Adventurers who had just done their quest and are hanging out there, and those who wants to find one gathered near the quest board.

Their voices filled the hall as they talk to each other about mundane stuff or telling their epic tales of adventure to others. In turn, they also shared their epic tales to show that their strength and experience were superior.

All of these voices came to a silence as the entrance door opened, revealing the figure of a man, a woman, and a child.

Such a thing wasn't rare by any means. Men came and went on a daily basis and didn't bring much attention. Women attracted more attention from men, especially if they were beautiful. Although children were rare, there were some who started becoming an adventurer at a young age. However, such a thing wouldn't silence the rowdy gathering of adventurers whose liveliness had caused problems for the guild staffs in the past.

The young man had looks which mesmerized both men and women present in the guild hall. Even his expressionless face could steal the heart of many, what more could his smiling face do? Although his face looked innocent, his icy atmosphere and demeanor told a different story. Even after realizing that he wore leather armor and used an iron sword which were considered low leveled equipments, their adventurer's instinct told them that he was not what he seemed to be.

The cait sith woman managed to attract all men who lay their sights on her. A strange yet alluring outfit made her slender body that much more enticing. Her black and smooth hair was tied into a ponytail, exposing her naked nape. In addition, her cat ears and tail were incredibly charming. Her beautiful face was expressionless, similar to the man beside her. However, unlike the calm and composed man, she seemed to be on guard. The adventurers knew that face very well as they wore the same expression when encountering an unknown situation or being.

In contrast, the young girl had a relaxed face. Although she was holding hands with the man, it didn't seems like they shared a romantic relationship, but rather a relationship between siblings. Her outfit decorated with laces, her porcelain white skin, and her expressionless face made her look like a doll. Men would take up their arms and form ranks immediately to protect her and do anything to put a smile on her face.

The three walked towards the counter and talked with a guild staff. The staff seemed to recognize the man as she said How may I help you today, Mr. Leon?. Though she still inquired the identity of the women beside him.

After a few exchange, the guild staff led the three to the second floor. As they disappeared to the stairs, the guild hall become noisy once more. Though this time, the topic they all share was regarding the three people they just saw.

-------------------------------------------------------X------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, Leon! I've been waiting... Hm? Who are those two?"

As the door opens, the figure of the guild master could be seen on the bench in his room.

"She is my junior and friend from when we trained under the same school. This girl is my little sister. They have the ability so I asked them to help me with this case."

That was the setting Leon told them before coming to meet the guild master. Since it would be weird for someone who he said just got out from the forest to have a servant, this setting would be more believable.

In addition, Leon also told them not to call him master in front of anyone else except the ones who already knew who they really are such as Lily and the others.